We stayed for 3 nights towards the end of May, in deluxe suite. The property is very well maintained. The location is not all that great, in that there are no nice valley views, no mist wafting up to the resort etc. But it's away from the city noise, so it's quiet and nice.
The buffet spread is pretty good, with lots of variety. Quality on exotic foods varied a bit, but was good on the whole. Staff, specially the restaurant staff, was extremely helpful and very nice.
One of the 3 nights they organised a good evening of games around the bonfire. The other nights not many people turned up, even though the resort had lots of people - I think the problem is they don't advertise the evening events properly, so a lot of people don't even find out.
The suite was ok, though the rooms were a bit small. TV had all Eng movie channels, no Hindi movies, no English entertainment, and some Hindi entertainment.
Entertainment: TT, carrom, some other board games, indoor playing area for toddlers, a small library, and some paid games like foozball etc. Swings for older kids outdoors. Overall, nice.
The size of the resort isn't very big. Having stayed at resorts in Munnar, Idukki, Coorg etc, it seemed too small. If you like to walk around, there isn't a lot of space in the resort, and nothing outside the resort.
1. They play music throughout the property most of the day. Sometimes, it's loud. In a place like this, specially mornings and evenings, one would prefer to hear the sounds of nature. Even on request, they didn't turn it off. I think one other reviewer has had the same problem. W
2. Entertainment options need to be better. They have a badminton court, but one has to buy the rackets from them - that's stupid - they should give them for free or rent them out. They have a Playstation, but it was 'getting repaired'.
3. They charged for toothpaste, which seemed petty for a resort priced this high - hopefully someone in the management of the resort is reading this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into a world of timeless charm at the Hill Country Holiday Resort, Kodaikanal. Indulge in a luxurious escape to this exquisite 5 acre, country-style retreat set amidst lush greenery, with a breathtaking view of the breathtaking Palani Hills. Prepare to be inspired and don't forget to pack your cameras! Delight in our pampering facilities and traditional Ayurvedic Wellness Center and Spa. Flexible when it comes to offering comprehensive variety of tours and tailor made packages. From adventure to romantic getaways, M.I.C.E (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions) or just some quality time away with the family, you'll find everything you need right here at Hill Country Kodaikanal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Yatra, ClearTrip, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Hill Country Resorts Kodaikanal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hill Country Resorts Kodaikanal Hotel Kodaikanal
- Hill Country Hotel Kodai