See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 February 2015

At first, I love the location of this resort. Good service, friendly people.very peaceful stay. Resorts and rooms are available. Campfire was fun. Best vegetarian food in kodai. Everything was freshly prepared. Wide lawns, beautiful landscaping and children friendly place. Restaurant location is at its best.

• Stayed: February 2015
8  Thank cha1503
Reviewed 28 January 2015

This is a pathetic so called resort, i had booked it through cleartrip, from 25th to 27th Jan 2105, reached there at 2:30 and the outer look itself looks like a deserted place, i had there bangalore property in mind but this is a entirely a different story, i had booked deluxe room which there manager lingam promised over phone that those are modern new rooms in a new building, but actually its a under construction un finished building, there was no locks in bathroom , no hot water, service is worst, there was only one guy by name manju who was handling all i mean from reception to food order and even i think cooking, the manager was not there at the resort, the rooms does not have intercom facility, when i informed them they asked me to call from mobile for everything, we ordered 2 coffee and 1 plate poori through my mobile, for that they took one hour to serve and to get that i visited thrice to there so called reception, where no one was there to attend, there was no hot water they told they will correct but no body turned out, the place is in horrible condition, compound wall is broken all out door chairs and sit out place is in pathetic condition, my kids started crying as it was too cold and no body was staying in that so called entire new building, it was looking like out of a horror movie, so i decided to take a call i called cleratrip they told that they cannot do anything and asked me to send a mail with photos, anyway i decided not to take risk as there was no one to serve and i was thinking about my family safety in the night as nothing was working no security, no intercom to contact anyone, so i searched other hotel in the city and went there and booked there, and checked out of this horrible hotel at 6:00 pm itself as i did not wanted to spoil my family's much awaited trip. its a horrible hotel experience i ever had in my life... i know i may never get my money back just for 3 hours i had to loose 9000+ amount, and even cleartrip people also does not seem to care about after one does booking, anyway i had sent them mail, still awaiting for there action. these people specially the woodlands top management should take this seriously and do something and better to close this till they complete all work and renovation and put some staff to manage this..

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
15  Thank masoodengr
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Before I begin my story with this weird place, I would want to also warn the viewers of the shabby service provided by TravelGuru.com, I had booked another hotel through them (which had very good tripadvisor rating) however 3 days before the travel, they called me up saying my booking actually never happened and the Alternate location would be Woody’s Kodaikanal, and hence I landed up here. Avoid travelguru as well.

Well, with the hotel let me tell you that surroundings are really beautiful. Woodlands group has a very good location in kodai and the cottages are really well placed ( from outside).

However, the management and staff are a bunch of weird and funny characters.

I happened to reach early morning by 8.00 AM however was told that my cottage would be ready only by 12.00 noon as that was the check-in time. Fair ask, I requested for any washroom we could use and that was provided.
We left for your sightseeing tour and came back at 5.00 PM in the evening with great anticipation that out beautiful cottage would be ready, but guess what ..the dear manager informs us that the person who should have checked out has not checked out and hence we should wait !! I had to pinch myself to believe that he was actually saying that. He went on to say that he is unable to contact that customer and he cannot do anything about it. HE SAID, SIR, WE ALL NEED TO ADJUST SO YOU SHOULD ADJUST by waiting for other customer to come. In return, he offered me a standard room which had no geyser. After a brief altercation, he made us wait for around an hour, called that customer and then got the cottage arranged. The other customer was then shifted to that standard room.

There was no ID proof requested or any entry made and we stayed in the cottage throughout the night.

The curtains in cottages don’t even cover the windows. There is no latch to close the door from inside i.e. hotel authorities can anytime open the door with master key and walk in. (I actually placed a table with my bags on it against the door just to keep some obstacle). The bathroom window was half open. Geyser took ages for hot water to flow.

Overall, the stay was stressful and definitely not comfortable. It has beautiful ambience but all these goof ups from travelguru and Woody’s manager just marred the whole experience.

I was not even given the bill in the end. Pls do avoid this place. Am sure, there are better places to stay in Kodai.

Room Tip: Avoid this place is the best tip I can offer. Even if you happen to go, pls take deluxe cottages only.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank gaurmayank
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We visited in month of July when there was rain in kodaikannal. As soon as we entered the Woodys, We felt "Mother Nature" welcoming us. The manager welcomed us with home made chocolates which were really tasty. The room was nice, clean and amidst lot of greenery. The staff here is really helpful for anything needed in room. There was hot water, clean blankets, excellent food prepared here. Overall we enjoyed the stay here and definitely recommend the place. I should add that all above is provided by Woodys at very reasonable rate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amitkg29
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our conference hotel was full, so we stayed here. The grounds are lovely and the lobby is deceptively nice. The check in was friendly and then I went to my room. Although clean, I've stayed at cheap motels nicer than this. The paint is peeling off the door and moldings and the bathroom is almost too small to get ready in. The vinyl lined curtains don't really close all the way and are reminiscent of Motel 6. The furniture is nicked, old and mismatched. On a positive note, the bed was comfortable. The service at the dining room was slow and cold. The hotel offers a shuttle, but the young men who man it refused to shuttle us and told us to take the conference bus to the mall. I do not recommend this hotel.

Odd that any positive reviews are from India. Perhaps different standards in the US.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business