“A quaint hotel in a wonderful mountain town”
Review of Hotel Apple Valley

Hotel Apple Valley
Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Australia
“A quaint hotel in a wonderful mountain town”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel had it all. WE had room 308, which was at the end so we had views from 3 directions. The room was large, a bedroom with a balcony on the left on entering overlooking the town., another balcony overlooking the valley with stupendous views, and a small kitchenette, and a bathroom with yet another back entrance and balcony overlooking the valley and homes. There is full cable tv , fresh water, hot showers and the only down side to this place was the restaurant. No one else was ever in it and there serves was abysmally slow. and food pretty ordinary. Otherwise, this hotel is a gem if in this town.

Room Tip: sk for room 308,, I reckon it is the best room i the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed three nights at Apple. I went low season so I was able to walk in without a reservation. Before I booked my four rooms my only condition was I check out the rooms before I give the go ahead. I walked into one room and the floor was spotless, and the toilet...........was the cleanest toilet I had ever seen in India! (It was that polished that I could see my face in it if I wanted to.) I was gobsmacked! My mob arrived at about 1045pm, we were tired and hungry. Reception arranged that the kitchen stay open for us. We all ordered (there were 10 of us) and settled into our rooms. By 1130pm we took our seats in the restaurant and waited.........and waited. Food arrived by 1210am......but my God it was so worth it. Not because I was hungry but the fact that the food was cooked then and there. Everything was fresh and I really think the chef did cook it with love. Wake up call is at 515am and at 545am not due to front desk but the mosque next door. I didn't mind it though because I think in Kodai you should wake up around this time to enjoy nature at its best. Buffet breakfast is good, and also you can order onion omellete, bread and butter/jam, tea and coffee at request. Service is humble and excellent. HOT WATER comes only in the morning and then in the evening but they make sure you understand this when you come in. My stay at Hotel Apple Valley was excellent, and I thank the owner and all the staff that made my stay worthwhile. PS. Choose this place, you wont regret it unless you are one of those people that only wake up past 10 in the morning!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
mumbai
Reviewed 7 July 2012

i very much satisfied with apple valley service.they are provide good service.my child's enjoyed very much.they are having one open terrace.that terrace have a nice view.we sure recommend this property.we enjoy lot.break fast is good

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nazir a
Chennai, India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel as a part of our South India holiday. Having come from Ooty where the experience was not so good, we did not have very high expectations from this hotel, but to both of our surprise, it was a wonderful experience.

The location is very close to the town, the rooms were all clean and tidy. The staff was courteous and helpful. They also helped us pick the right options and tour operator for local sightseeing, instead of pushing for their own recommended agents/tour operators.

The breakfast and dinner also was delicious, although the variety of options offered could improve a bit.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ChintanLakhani
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

i stayed hotel apple apple valley.its a very good experience for my family.staffs are friendly.service is good.the hotel situated in main city.all main places walking distance only.food is good.over all we got nice stay in apple valley

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family