I stayed there on the 10th and 11th of july 2012. The hotel in an essence is a must have experience.
#1. Owner Sticks around hotel and stays in the premises.
#2. The place has a unique charm about it, not old world, not home run, its something else, a true Indian village kind of a feel
#3. The food - The don't have a 24hrs kitchen - fixed timings and meals, but its fresh out of the fields, you ask them what is available and what they should cook, and how you want your food, you get it perfectly that way. Authentic home cooked Indian food.
#4. The ambiance and the view from the place is amazing
#5. Floating bar in the pool, it has to be experienced from that place only.
#1: The rooms are clean - but don't expect them to be spotless
#2 : the AC is working - but thats about it, dont expect it to chill your room up, all it does is to make it comfortable
#3 : the staff is very friendly, and do things the way you want, but they are not trained, i still feel that they could do with a bit of formal training.
#4. There is not much you can do unless you do have a taxi/car there with you, and know all the routes around.
#5. The place is mosquitoes free but i could see a lizard or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unfolding the History of Chittorgarh: Chittorgarh is a city in Rajasthan which is located on the banks of river Gambhiri and Berach. The district was bifurcated and a new district namely Pratap Garh was created with certain portion taken from Udaipur district in the newly created district of Pratap Garh.This city of Chittorgarh is the epitome of pride, romance and spirit, for people of Chittor who always chose death before surrendering against anyone.WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort is the epitome of the glorious history of the Chundawat clan. It was built way back in in the 16th century by Thakur Jaimal of the Sisodia dynasty, cousin of Maharana Pratap who is a distinct part of the history, founder of the Bassi principality. The 16th century WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort is just a fleeting distance of 25 km from Chittorgarh. It is amidst the hills of the Vindhyachal ranges and makes a perfect break and an embrace of Hritage India. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bassi Fort Palace Chittaurgarh
- WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort Palace Rajasthan/Chittaurgarh, India