Lowest prices for your stay
$12
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Travelocity$12
Agoda.com$12
All reviews standard room laundry service old town fort rooftop india tourist rickshaw
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile

We were a group of 8 visiting Bundi. It was an overall lovely experience staying at Dev Niwas haveli and I can assure you that this is the best place to stay at Bundi.

Special thanks to Mr. Suraj for his wonderful service and hospitality. He ensured that we have a wonderful experience and took care of everything from preparing our meals to cleaning the rooms and ensuring a safe parking place for our vehicles. He also helped us with our luggage.

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Bundi.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2020

Unfortunately, and not fault of hotel, street had been dug up at time of visit which made access harder than normal as streets too narrow for cars.
Hotel is lovely building with nice areas for a coffee or drink. Dining room up steep stairs. Easy walking up hill to fort and restaurants- enjoyable stay.
Happy to recommend

Room tip: Ground floor good
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank brian D
Akshayraj Shaktawat, Owner at Dev Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2020

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and we value your feedback.

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and you found the location of the property to be very central.

Reviewed 15 March 2020

I stayed at Dev Niwas for a couple of nights but could easily have stayed longer. There's not a huge amount to do in Bundi, but luckily the hotel provided a peaceful and clean environment to return to.

The pros;
- The restaurant on the open terrace/restaurant was the nicest I found in Bundi, with forts of the fort and without the metal cage-type bars and dark interiors of others I visited.

-Rooms are set around a beautiful, well kept courtyard, so although mine didn't have a scenic view, the cleanliness and decor meant it was still light and bright.

-Staff were friendly and never over bearing. Restaurant management were particularly nice, serving an off-menu vegetarian thali at a time the restaurant is usually closed.

- location: walking distance to everything (centre of bundi is tiny) but away from the main bustle and business of other hostels and hotels. Tucked down a side street meant noise was at a minimum.

- I booked via a third party site and found a great rate for the room, so would definitely recommend a stay at Dev Niwas considering the price!

Cons:
- was told restaurant was closed and then was asked why I didn't want to order food from the restaurant. Bit confusing.

- could have offered free pick up/drop off from the bus stop.

-cleaning rooms/changing towels/emptying bins are expected from a hotel of its size and target market but none happened during my stay.

Thanks for a great stay, highly recommended!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and we value your feedback.

It is a pleasure to read your detailed review and it is very insightful to us and fellow travelers. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the setting of the property including the location, the views and the rooms. Thank you for the constructive feedback and we will be definitely looking into improving upon them.

Reviewed 4 March 2020

I chose this primarily for it's location in close proximity to the palace and fort. The location was lovely and you could walk in the quieter back streets.

The room was large but quite dark with one tiny window. I stayed for a few nights and when I asked for housekeeping to just empty the bins when I went out for the morning, it never happened.

The restaurant has a lovely view and I liked the food there. The chap who serves in the restaurant was lovely and a highlight of the hotel!

At breakfast I was at first given the a la carte menu but they then changed it to the fixed menu. I said I didn't have breakfast included in my room rate but the staff member insisted he had checked and I should have the fixed menu. So each morning I ordered a fair quantity from each category of the fixed menu but on check out was told it wasn't included after all and I was billed for it. I tried to explain that I only ordered that amount because I was given the set menu instead of the a la carte, but it fell on deaf ears.

A key source of disappointment was the driver they organised to take me from Bundi to Chittorgarh. For context I am a solo female traveller. He immediately said he needed to make a stop and we drove through the town to an undisclosed location. He picked up a friend who I assumed would be dropped off fairly promptly but no - the second man stayed with us for the entire journey. The driver almost continuously spat his paan out of his window or opened the door while driving to spit it out of the door. It really was continuous and disgusting. I have never been so happy to reach my destination. I known this is not directly related to the accommodation but the hotel needs to seriously consider who it hires as a driver because it was a horrible end to my stay in Bundi.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank SJ88
Akshayraj Shaktawat, Guest Services / Front Office at Dev Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2020

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and we value your feedback.

It is a pleasure to read your detailed review and it is very insightful to us and fellow travelers. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant and memorable stay at the property. We look forward to your stay with us soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2020

We spent one night at the hotel. It is well located and clean with friendly management. View from the roof is excellent. The food is adequate, not special. Make sure your expectations of the rooms are in line. These are basic local rooms, nothing fancy, not the normal amenities Westerners might expect. The door has a padlock, not a typical hotel room key/pass. No safe or hair dryer or hotel phone in the room. The street noise on one side of the hotel is very loud, so much so that we had to move rooms. The second room was quiet. Probably the best option if you're staying in Bundi. But it's just a basic, clean hotel, with a nice roof view, not a lot more.

Room tip: Having a quiet room is a must.
Date of stay: January 2020