eDreams
StayForLong
Agoda.com
Priceline
Trip.com
All reviews rooftop restaurant wet room style palace view birds eye view plentiful hot water the air conditioning wall paintings step wells cook balcony haveli fort rajasthan bunni town laundry unmade
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 December 2020

I have been travelling for 3 months, Jaishree, owner of Bundi inn, is the worst host. I know it is a harsh word, but trust me, its a calmer choice.

She is arrogant, rude, unreasonable, cheat, racist and uncultured all at once.

tripadvisor forum has more reviews about her bad attitude. she tried robbing us of our passports and identity cards!
She is a really bad thing that can happen to a traveler. And she is good at making things worthy of a good barf.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank PriyankB43
Kamal Hada, General Manager at Bundi Inn - A Heritage Haveli, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2020

Thanks for your greatness sir...
I will never allow myself to welcome any guest as you are.
Totally fake people escaping from my place without paying the room and restaurant amount and without my notice at early morning they were escaping, I had to stop them and argue a lot to have my room and restaurant bills.

How can anybody be so selfish n fake... In the name of Indian and Indian Army they were cheaters by their deeds and acts. IT'S ShamefulL !!
These people came to my place for 3 days and they found everything great, best view, best bed, best room and place as a home. Then because of all goodness of ours they extendend their stay for next more days and asked to stay 15 days after searching all places in Bundi. They asked for rates and then after a fixed amount and time i agreed them even said it's your own decision I will charge this much as per your request, so they gave half the amount and agreed.They stayed all days happily even used my restaurant kichen n things which I didn't cost anything. Last moment on 13 th day early morning at 5 a.m, they opened our main door n were carring their luggages silently and walked away on road in their car, that also without informing and without giving my leftover amount. How cheap these people, going without paying. I had to stop them on road to take the amount that also they doesn't wanted to give and were escaping, how can i be polite with these fake people.

Travellers please be good, we are here for all travellers to serve and help them, but don't do these shameful acts to hoteliers.

Thanks.

Pls: Be aware these are four people's named Taruna Sharma, Jatendra Prajapati, Priyank Bharadwaj and Raadhika. If they are coming to your place avoid them and charge in Advance for their whole stay. Be aware with these fake people's.

Reviewed 9 March 2020

The room was prettily decorated and had attractive arched windows to the balcony and antique fittings. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom clean with plentiful hot water. Our hostess was charming and efficient and gave us local information and a useful map. Bunni, the cook and factotum was ever willing to provide meals and be helpful. He was especially inventive in transporting our cases on his scooter through the unmade and dug up streets to our taxi.
The palace and fort are just at the top of the street and there are some stupendous stepwells down in the town. Our balcony gave us a great vista of the palace as well as a birds-eye-view of the street laundry.

Room tip: Best view - front with balcony. The street is not noisy. Direct access to the sun terrace.
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020

Our room was beautifully decorated and furnished, the bathroom clean with plentiful hot water and the bed wonderfully comfortable. Our balcony gave a lovely palace vista as well as a birds eye-view of the workings of the street laundry directly below. Our hostess was charming and efficient. and provided us with a useful map. The cook and factotum, Bunni, was helpful and eager to assist and explain anything and was particularly inventive when transporting our cases on his scooter through the unmade and dug up streets to our taxi.
If you are interested there is a small primary school which welcomes visitors just up the street past the elephant memorial, whilst the the Palace entrance is not much further and well worth a visit. It looks very ruinous but there are some wonderful wall paintings.
Further down in the town are some very grand step wells amidst busy bazaars.

Room tip: Front with balcony overlooks the street, interesting not noisy, has view of palace and fort. It also opens directly onto sun terrace.
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 7 January 2020

With an excellent location in this interesting town, and the Palace providing a stunning back drop, we had a enjoyable 5 nights in Bundi. Along with the locals, the staff were very friendly, but Boodie, who cooked and waited table made our visit very memorable. His simple local food was excellent and he could not have been more helpful. We ate in for almost every meal.Rooms are of a reasonable size, and our bed was comfortable, although the lack of storage/ hanging space was less than ideal for a stay of 5 nights. It was quite cold in January, so the heat pump heating was very welcome, but beware because not all rooms have this luxury. Similarly, the roof top restaurant is a tad chilly on a winters evening, so bring your hoodie! Having booked via Booking.Com, and the very reasonably priced room rate having been charged against our Credit Card a couple of weeks prior to our arrival, we were surprised to find that we could only settle out food and laundry bill by cash. This was not indicated any where, so beware. All together we had an enjoyable experience in Bundi, and would recommend it for a real India experience.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Kiwi2NZ
Reviewed 23 December 2019 via mobile

This property is okay. It is an authentic haveli, but we stayed in others in Rajasthan that were much nicer. The bed was comfortable and pillows were good. We were offered a choice of two rooms which was good. The bathroom is wet room style (floor of whole room wet from shower) which I found a bit annoying, but the water was hot. The staff were nice enough. Overall I feel bad giving this place only three stars as it has good qualities but I read all the reviews on TripAdvisor and expected it to be better. I have to say I wish we'd spent a little more and stayed elsewhere.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple