“Awesum Trip & Awesum place!!!!!!!!!!!”

Hotel Bharatpur Ashok (Forest Lodge)
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bharatpur
Durgapur, India
“Awesum Trip & Awesum place!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Tired from the hustles & bustles of city life... Got bored from the tired city life... Don't know what to do in the week ends. Come and visit Keoladeo National Bird sanctuary in Bharatpur, Rajasthan & stay in the Hotel Bharatpur Ashok. Situated in the heart of the forest. The most peaceful place in the planet. Wake up with the chirping of birds. Staying inside a forest was the most beautiful and adventurous experience. a perfect place of nature loving people. One can see animals like spotted dears, can hear the typical ghostly barking of hyenas and jackals and many more animals.

The hotel is awesum. A well behaved and courteous team of staffs are working in the hotel. Every body are very helpful. They provided me a special Mutton curry on my request wich was the most tasty one which i had in my entire life and remind me of my Mom's home made mutton curry. The rooms are well maintained, neat & clean and very spacious. It has a balcony which adds on a very good experience of having an evening and morning tea while watchind the animals.

Last bot not the least, a very thanks to the whole team of the hotel in making my trip to Bharatpur such a nice, beautiful and adventurous one. All the credit goes to them......

Really a MUST VISIT PLACE........!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debanjan C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Delhi
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The hotel located inside the Keoladeo National Park is the most peaceful place on this planet, the best place if you want to spend some time away from city,work,traffic,phones.......
When i planned a getaway with my child, my priority was peace and relaxation which made me select this forest lodge. I was taken care of as soon as I entered the hotel. Though it was 4 pm and I wanted proper meal (not sandwich or any other snack), they took my order and the delicious food was in my room as soon as I freshened up. Since I was already tired,
I did not plan to go to the sanctuary the same day. While sipping my tea in the balcony in the evening, I happend to see spotted deer roaming carelessly in the hotel's garden!
I was amazed when awakened with the shrill of birds in the morning. I lazily ordered for a cup of tea and was again lucky to see a peacock dancing in front of my balcony.
The rickshaw safari was amazing as the ricksaw pullers are well trained by the forest department. Watching birds of different countries and different colors living in best harmony with nature was an experience I can never forget! After the three hour safari, i had heavy and delicious breakfast, the aaloo paranthas were great.
The meditation point of the hotel was its best part for me and kid's point for my mittu.

Room Tip: Take first floor room, you can see peacock dancing in the morning and deer roaming in the hotel'...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nisha111
Palkkad
Reviewed 29 April 2012

A hotel purely for holidaying. My mistake, we were in a business trip. Finding the hotel is difficult since it is 1.5 Km inside the national park. Free vehicle movement is not allowed. An entry fee has to remitted before entering the gate, since it is inside the park.
The rooms were large, spacious. The toilets were neat.
you will have to pay for the breakfast and food. manual rickshaws are available to tour around the park or to go out of the premises. You can enjoy walking around the park, which has a large area. No disturbance form the road traffic. You can wake up with hearing the birds chirping.
Very peaceful area. Relaxing stay, if you have the time.
Food quality is OK. As usual with government properties, maintenance is poor.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 18 April 2012

i had an unduly awkward experience at this hotel. i was at the bharatpur ashok solely due to its location right in middle of the sanctuary and it so turned out that i was lacking cash - in - hand. so i thus tried asking the managers to allow me a net transaction to settle my bills right at the start of my booking, to which i was told that they will raise the issue to the management. i later asked that i must be allowed to understand this as soon as possible. in an hour's time i was informed i can best pay the amount using cash or credit cards or using the net route of depositing the funds in their account. i took note and allowed to day to pass by. i was at the park or inside my room during most of the day. the following day i was to join my relatives at Agra. so, an obvious step was to visit a bank and withdraw the requisite amount. it only turned out that my relatives turned down the visit to agra on morning of next day, seeing this i informed the hotel's reception that my stay has been comfortable enough to allow for more stay and as such my plan to be in agra stands cancelled and thus i will extend my stay at their hotel at 10am, two hours before the checkout was scheduled. and then i was back at the park, till 1130pm. things changed and my relatives asked me to instead meet them at mathura that was close by to bharatpur. i agreed and came back to the hotel in time before checkout. i asked the management to either grant me a late checkout or allow the bags to be kept in a cloak room or a lobby as my relatives will be picking me up from the hotel and i no longer need to hold the room, payments thereof i shall make when they will be here. to this people at reception gladly agreed. in turn of time, the entire staff caused enough embarrassment for they kept on asking - sir, how will settle the bills. to which my single reply is / was that the relatives i am to meet will be reaching at any time, now. in the 3 hours that went by as i sat in the lobby of the hotel, it seemed that the "cash strapped hotel" was seeking redemption through a INR 3000 bill that i was to settle with them. the officials kept on asking questions that were un-needed and out of context. a practice with almost everyone in hospitality industry is to make a guest's stay comfortable. as i remained willing to make room for an internet transaction directly through hotel's website or by a merchant web portal of a travel agent, the officials relented and said this practice was disallowed by their management. as i asked that these days one can book so many govt. services including rail in travel based PSUs like ITDC, then why is your organisation caught up in the past. the management took offense to my feedback for they felt i was criticizing them. instead i carried no such intention, whatsoever. as i walked out of hotel at 3.50pm to meet my relatives at entrance road to hotel (the lodge is inside a bird sanctuary distanced from the approach road) an official began to 'chase me' and i informed him that there is no need to be afraid for all my luggage is inside their hotel. seeing him go back i began to walk outside. my relatives car is what i saw next on the approach road. the frightening scene was when six-eight officials began chasing me using motor cycles. and one of them, a manager went on to accuse that i am trying to emotional fool him in this situation. at this absolutely absurd statement, i was left with no other option but to shout at him in order to lower his voice which seemed to be hitting higher decibels for no rhyme or reason and it was so disturbing to hear him say all he spoke of even as other and more respectable gentleman stayed calmer and quiet. my walking out of their hotel without paying a bill was absurd to them but my understanding of their accusation to have caused emotional damage to their mental make up or otherwise was quite absurd to me by all means for not only it meant the officials mistrusted my word or that of a guest but also it showed lack of trust and communication between the team / staff. the best part was to see them in tatters when i asked my relatives to throw money at their hungry faces and let them be free. i went back to hotel and collected my belongings, parked them inside the car and left disgruntled with the experience.

Room Tip: the hotel is useful to those whom can show their credentials on a piece of paper, a certificate. one...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I had to give it an extra mark on the ratings just for the humour. It truly is a 1970's throw back. The peas in the Biryani looked like they were also a throwback from the 1970's.

Dirty, tatty, miserable, tired. Very few visitors and consequently over attentive, 'hovering' staff. There are plenty of hotels very close by immediately outside the park. Don't be wooed by the fact it is 'in' the park there are no advantages at all.

If I can add photos later, I will as I had to take some of the filthy door screens in the dining room and that beautiful 1970's decor. Don't do it to yourselves. After our meal there we ended up staying outside the park and didn't regret it for a second.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Liz H

Travellers are raving about these Bharatpur hotels