Vio.com
Etrip
Trip.com
Hotels.com
All reviews ratan singh his knowledge home stay roti species of birds excellent stay home away from home comfortable rooms place to stay bird sanctuary birdman farms brothers rural field 4km suite
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2022

Warm, friendly, loving and extremely kind host.
Very comfortable rooms very close to the bird sanctuary.
Food is excellent. Enjoyed the local cuisine.
We totally soaked in the warm hospitality of the family.
It was wonderful

Room tip: All rooms are comfortable. Beautiful views of the farms.
Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 7 November 2021

Our family consisting of members from 16 to 83 stayed for 2 nights(2,3 Nov 2021) and had the fortune of making the most of their hospitality. Especially organic food , being served was a wonderful experience.The EverReady staff is the added advantage+ the comfort of the rooms.
I wish them all the best- Devesh Singh, New Delhi

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 22 October 2021 via mobile

Ibishouse Farm Stay is a very comfortable small farm/ home stay. The place has very tastefully decorated interiors with numerous bird figurines.
There are three rooms and a suite, including one room on the terrace.
Built by the family of Mr Ratan Singh, fondly known as the Birdman of Bharatpur, it is managed by his eldest son Mr Mukesh who is also a cultural guide. An excellent host he, and the 3 staff members, ensured our comfort, while at the same time regaling  us with numerous anecdotes of his experiences as a tour guide. His brothers, Mr. Lokesh and Mr. Rahul are professional birding guides.

Mr Lokesh took us on a half day birding tour through the sanctuary and around the farms the following day. Not having seen the Saras Crane in the sanctuary,  Mr Lokesh took us to a nearby village where a pair of Saras Cranes were nesting with two juvenile birds. Thanks to him we saw about 90 plus species of birds over 2 days.

The food in the Farm Stay is delicious and the amenities are basic but adequate.

The Positives - located very near to a large nesting site of Grey/ Purple/ Pond Herons, Black headed Ibis, Indian Spoonbills, Indian Shags and egrets. The farms all around have a considerable population of field and shrub birds.

Watch out for - The farm stay is located in a village and the access road, besides being narrow, has a lot of potholes. The rains had only worsened the situation. The three storied house does not have a lift so be prepared to take the steps.

Very highly recommended for staying if one has to visit the Bird Sanctuary, especially for the numerous anecdotes and a chance to meet Mr Ratan Singh in person.

Room tip: The house compound can take one car. Any additional, vehicle has to be parked outside the gate, in the narrow lane leading to the house.
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank satyendravaidya
Reviewed 26 September 2021

After reading very good reviews about this stay, I booked it for our family stay (first after almost 1.5 years due to Covid). I must say, it is a perfect getaway with stunning views all across, true to its name – Farm Stay. They have named the property on the name of the bird “Ibis”, please don’t get confused and link it with the chain named “Ibis”. It reminded me of my childhood days when we used to go to our ancestral place and there were so many open spaces around. The setting is awesome – run by the family giving a feeling of a home away from home. Though being inside a village, the property is very nicely made with all the modern amenities, one will not feel that you are inside a village. It is around 4km from the Bharatpur Centuary, the last 2km being a village road (not so good, but manageable). There are so many birds in and around the property itself, they have their own ducks. The Host Mr. Mukesh and his brothers Lokesh and Rahul are wonderful hosts. They are the birdmen of Bharatpur, One can learn a lot from them about birds and birding. What to say about food, it is moth watering and to top it we requested and got Chulha Roti (I’m not sure how many people today know about preparing roti on wood/coal fired Chulha but it tastes awesome). This place is wonderful if you are looking to spend a quality time with yourself or your family, leave your busy life, your thoughts behind and just enjoy your time here

Date of stay: July 2021
Mukesh Kumar, Owner at IbisHouse Farm Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2021

Thank you very much sir for your review.

Reviewed 6 August 2021

I had booked this property thru booking.com for 2 nites , 24 and 25 July . The reason of booking was their Name which had a prefix IBIS which happens to be a international hotel chain . The reviews were good on the site and it said exceptional place which I also believed as IBIS is a economical but fabulous international chain of Accord Hotels . A day before departure I had a whats app chat with the host and was told IBIS is the name of a bird and they are not connected to any hotel chain .
Still since I had booked and reviews were good I went to the property at the appointed time . As soon we leave the main road from Bird Sanctuary to left after seeing the property board the entire road was a Kachha { not tarred } Road full of pits and stagnant water as its monsoon season . After driving about 2 kms I reached the property . The approach area to property was extremely dirty and there was no place for proper free car parking and driver had to park the car on the road which was not a road but pits and water .
Inside the house there was a hose pipe lying on the ground and some birds or hens or ducks , were moving .
The person I assume caretaker took my luggage upstairs on first floor and in the room .
Basically there was a kitchen and a room adjacent to kitchen was given to me .
The bed was not like homestays but crumpled sheets and pillows that middle class homes have in india . Out side the room there was a lobby opposite to kitchen which meant that there will never be any privacy .

May be families or solo travelers who come from abroad may like to visit a village to see found it good but as solo woman traveler specially in India its not a safe option . Staying is not just about how good the food is or how good the host is it is also about safety and on a trip one doesn't want to be holed up in a room . But with more guest checking its going to be that way .

Apart that there was no local market or eatery around and in no way one could walk on muddy roads and explore the place by foot .

I informed the host thru their care taker that I cannot stay as I don't feel safe and the host was kind enough to accept my booking without cancellation fees . He was good on phone also and I appreciate his intention to understand my problem and let me go without any problems .

He even helped me in locating my medicine bag which I am thankful for .

I would not recommend this place to any woman solo traveler from India or abroad , India still has a very strong patriarchal mind set .

Since I did not use any service I cant comment on food etc or how good the stay was but one star that i give is for the host whome i did not meet and who allowed me to leave without any tantrums

Room tip: Not suitable if you are a solo woman traveler who wants privacy and who wants to explore areas on foot and are taking a holiday
Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank rachnasingh2014

Sorry mam you had à big problème just because of rainy season. We will improve the road etc thank you so much for indicates certains things that we will short out thank you regard