“Worst Experience”

The Fern Residency Amritsar
Ranked #61 of 97 Hotels in Amritsar
“Worst Experience”
Reviewed 1 December 2016

The Worst Experience, Fern should really do something not at all meeting the fern Standard, I have stayed Jaipur and Ahmadabad as well and appreciate the standard that are maintained, Amritsar was nowhere closer , Rats in Room yes that's true , Broken Bathroom glass door / Room Key does not work / Bell boy had to struggle to push coaster in to (# 402 Room number) the key bracket to ensure that the lights are on. Met Manager on duty / Senior Manager was not at the Hotel, when asked i was informed that he has gone out. Infect the condition of the hotel was speaking by itself about the absence of Supervision. Dear Fern team Please do something this is not your Standard

Room Tip: Rooms in the Front are Bigger than the One in Back.
  • Stayed November 2016, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 30 November 2016

This Hotel was amazing for the Price (Rs. 800 including breakfast) we got it. Thanks to Makemytrip. The hotel allowed us early check in at 6.30 a.m. The reception was gentle. The breakfast spread was very good and food was yummy. We ordered for Jain stuff and the chef immediately prepared it for us. The Hotel has a very nice lobby. The rooms are standard and neat. Only backdrop is it is a little far from Golden Temple. It takes ~100 Rs, in a Ola. Otherwise, I was happy with the overall stay.

• Stayed November 2016, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pratik M
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

I checked in last night first of all I got the worst welcome.
My booking was done through booking .com
and I showed him my mobile to see the booking but he took the phone but was very doing his own work and made me stand for a few minutes.
Though I did not loose my cool and watched what he was doing.

It took me around 4 to 5 minutes to get my room card and when I reached the room and after putting the card in room no 406 the light came but it used to swich off after a few seconds.
The person who got my luggage used to put the card again and again but the light used to go off again and again also.
I went down with my luggage and that person and told at the reception that please change my room there is a fault in the light but the person at the reception said we don't have another room .
I left the hotel then only and went and stayed in another hotel.
We find people are very warm and always smiling but this person at fern residency was cold,bit rude and even the lady along with him was no better.
Pity the owner who face issues due to such staff .

Stayed October 2016, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Amritsar hotels

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

As my routine... I was on my official tour ... This time I was in amritsar...me and my colleague was starving after office hours... And it was almost dinner time... So we decided to went this hotel for dinner... We tried first time this hotel.. food was really good and yummy... Service was also Good... definitely I will go there when I visit amritsar.

Stayed September 2016, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2016

I am not sure where should I begin but the experience of staying at this hotel was completely sub par.

When we checked in the room was not ready even though we checked in way after the check in time. The toilet flush wasn't working at all and I had to keep pestering the management to get it fixed. I am not sure if they follow a checklist before handing over the room to a customer.

The Staff is under trained and seem to be working or learning on the job. Which is quiet unheard off. They don't have the basic courtesy of how to welcome a customer and are all over the place.

The reception seems to be a single point of contact for everything. If you are standing by the reception to get some services taken care off, all you will find them is talking on the phone. It seemed less of a reception and more of a telephone exchange of Amritsar City.

The buffet breakfast was a complete mismanaged chaos. There are no basic standards followed to replenish breakfast items and the staff waits for the customers to raise a request that the food is over. All I asked for was black coffee and it seemed like I have asked them a complicated beverage which eventually they forgot to serve.

In the hotel they say that they provide or assist in Taxi services. After I spoke to them for Taxi services they seem to be clueless of what needs to be done.

The Wi-Fi was better off if it weren't there at all, My 3G connection seemed to be faster than that. The reception personnel do not even mention about what amenities you are entitled for at all and don't seem to care if you are comfortable in any sense.

The Bathroom design is really weird, It has these blinds which can be pulled down. Even after doing so, there are areas which aren't completely covered. There is no privacy at all. I am not sure what was in the designers mind when coming up with such a feature for the bathroom. Really Strange.

The Fern Residency is a popular brand of hotels but this one in particular was such a big disappointment. I would rather put my money in a renowned hotel chain than recommend this one.

Room Tip: Look for another Hotel
  • Stayed September 2016, travelled as a couple