MK Hotel Amristar
HK Clarks Inn(Amritsar)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poolranjit avenuekulcha landgolden templehotel is ideally locatedposh localityvalue for moneynice hotelcoffee shopbreakfast buffet isvisited amritsarroom service was goodamritsarihotel managementpunjabi foodstayed for nightsstar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2011

i checked in on 8th dec 2011 and as there was huge rush of vehicles i handed over my car keys to hotel staff. I stayed there for 2 days and next day I found my expensive sunglasses missing from glove box of my car. Hotel staff was not cooperating and insisted that they are all old employees of this hotel and its not possible for them to steel anything. There logic of defence was just a joke and it was obvious they were all shielding one another. i have come across many other people who have lost valuables in this hotel. so if possible avoid this hotel , if u cant, keep your eyes open and dont trust anybody in here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RSBMansa
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I arrived quite early by train and could check in immidiately .
So this was great.
Put my luggage there, changed and went to the Golden temple
immidiately as there would be strike soon in the old town.

When I was back I checked the room . The view out of the window was as usual to a dump.

The furniture looked quite new and the bed was very comfy (best during my whole stay), new TV. The bathroom was a little bit older but I got immidiately hot shower so that what counted for me.
I tried then to have lunch and went to the restaurant Taal in the hotel.
All waiters looked quite bored especially the main waitor. I ask for his advice what would be a typically dish for Amritsar , Punjab and he was very unwilling to help and gave answers like all good and then I asked to add a started he choose one and at the payment I saw that he choose a full main course which costs of course much more then any of the starter.
I paid around 1400 INR which was totally overpriced compared to many other restaurants I was in. And during my stay in the restaurant the turned off the light next to me 2 x (no black out) and I had to request to turn on the light.
Afterwards I checked my emails in the office space (2 computers for the guests in the lobby)
and then I saw a big group of teenager checking in . I already had a bad feeling.
They were from a famous school in Delhi and they were of course in my floor.
After coming back from the border and trying to get some sleep in the evening , the chance were 0. The whole group seemed to make a party on the whole floor (not in their rooms)
No adults looking after them.
After complaining to the reception at around midnigh, nothing changed.
I doubt they did anything
Also a direct complain to them didnt of course help
So finally after 2 am it was bit less noisy
So I had like 4,5 hours sleep as I had to leave the hotel early.
It was written that Breakfast was available from 7am.
At 7,15 they opened the door to the restaurant but hardly anything was there prepared
Some cold dishes (which were supposed to be hot) were availabe, guess were there since the day before. So finally I got only 2 toast bread and not drink as of course tea wasn´t ready at all.
So I left at 7.30 "fed" up
The hotel is well located and has nice rooms but they must improve in the service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank HuSanNiang
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Good & Spaciuos hotel ... Big rooms ...not very far from Golden temple ... You can book a car from the hotel itself to travel to Wagah border, you may as well book vehicle from outside..

Excellent customer service, Entire booking was done over phone... Very good value for money .. Was recommended by a friend to put up at this hotel.... I recommend this hotel to the readers as well ..

Regards

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank lordoftherings
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed in this Hotel as it was booked by my company travel desk. Had a warm front office who did check in fast and got into the room pretty quickly. Good food, decent pool. Other biggest advantage of this hotel it is surrounded by good international eateries too. Yo China, Kobe Sizzlers and Thai restaurant too. But only negative point it is an old hotel and needs to be refurbished. (Especially lobbies and interiors too)>

Other wise its a good hotel to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jvikky
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed in this hotel longer than anticipated as I became ill. We have stayed in some dreadful places in India mostly Maharashtra where it seems its 5 star or dumps so was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The water was hot there was a plug for the bath,'that's a first. The room was clean as was the bathroom.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Food was good as was the coffee. We would certainly go back there For the average hotel in India i would rate this as very good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple