“For the Non Veg lovers!!”
Review of Surjit Food Plaza

Surjit Food Plaza
Ranked #229 of 369 Restaurants in Amritsar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and i were in Amritsar for a day and our guide took us to Surjit's for dinner. we had heard a lot about the tandoori chicken and it did not let us down...by far the best we have tasted...so juicy and all flavours just melting in your mouth. Amritsari fish tikka was average. My husband ordered brain curry (which i am not fond of) and he said this was better than Karim's (Chandni chowk vala, delhi). The boneless tawa chck gravy was also very well prepared. In all, an amazing experience for our taste buds.

4  Thank kaushiva_aditi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Surjit Food Plaza

Reviewed 14 August 2012

A bit away from the Golden temple..auto wallah charged us 70 bucks but it was worth it!! I had never tasted a Chicken Tandoori so juicy! and the Amritsari fish...wow!

2  Thank Sanghamitra_B_Jayant
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Worst meal I've had in Amritsar. The Amritsar fish was awful, fried and tastless. Unhygienic (two hairs in one meal). Try and eat with the locals instead.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My wife and I visited Amritsar for 3-days and I planned for us to have dinner at Surjit's on the first day and then we were going to try some other places. However, Surjit's was so good, I mean, incredibly good food, service, atmosphere, it just blew me away. I tried tandoori chicken, tawa chicken, amritsari fish tikka, and several other dishes because after one visit, I could not go anywhere else for dinner, but this Sardar ji's restaurant. It's fabulous, I mean to say, you will not find better non-veg Punjabi khanna anywhere else in Punjabi, neither India, nor Pak, and I say that from experience. Truly the best. I had read a review that left me unsure, but after trying it, I realised there are some fusspots out there who have no class and write unfair reviews that aren't based on fact. Surjit's is awesome.

1  Thank Gagandeep S
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Recommended by a friend we went to Surjit.
There we had maybe the best tandoori chicken ever, also the dry mutton was very good.
And at the end I had a incredible sweet lassi, rich and creamy with mascarpone like pieces in it. Wonderful!

1  Thank Katro2