“Good Hotel in predominantly industrial area”

The Gateway Hotel Ambad Nashik
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Nashik
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Gateway is one of the Taj hotels and is located at a unique location in Nasik. I was here for a business meeting and did not expect to find a big hotel like Taj. The hotel has a pleasant feeling. Good for a business visit. There is a small swimming pool which can be enjoyed. There is a book shop as well which carries a good collection. The food is really good and the rooms big. We even booked a taxi through the hotel. Unfortunately a week later I got an email from the hotel asking me to pay the correct fare which was a couple of thousand more than what we initially paid as asked by the hotel.
The hotel is still very good value for money compared to the price charged by a lot of cheap hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Darshan P, Manager at The Gateway Hotel Ambad Nashik, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Mr. Guest

This is apropos your feedback regarding your stay at Gateway Hotel, Nashik.

I am indeed grateful to you for the kind words of appreciation and encouragement.

I thank you for your time to intimate us about your positive experiences.

I have also taken into consideration your feedback about the transportation fare, I will certainly work on it to meet with your requirements.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Nashik, at The Gateway Hotel, when you visit next.

Darshan Panse

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Gateway is a Taj group hotel with excellent frontage and great room which are value for money! It is situated on the Nashik Mumbai highway thereby having easy access to any place. Polite and Friendly staff wuth a scenic pool.Recommended for families too apart from executives.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Your 1st impression about the Gateway property is Huge compound, nicely decorated and good ambience. I had been to this property almost 4 years back, so it was just a re-fresher for me. One of the finest hotel in Nashik & a place close to panchawati, trimbakeshwar & shridhi temple. I enjoyed the property in terms of all except for the service level at the hotel.
To my surprise, this is a Taj property and has low service standards. Some examples like, my room had newspapers which were 3-4 days old, moreover I had to chase the room service for getting toiletries.

The food at this hotel is good and has a good swimmingpool.

Altogether minus the above, it a good hotel to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Sir

I thank you for your time to intimate us about your positive experiences.

I have also taken into consideration your feedback about the service standards, I will certainly work on it to meet with your requirements.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I have visited this place thrice and each time it was better than the previous stay.We choose to visit Nasik for a short holiday only for this place. I must say that this is like a home away from home. The staff is very friendly & cordial. What I liked best about this place is that they have an event called "The Chef's Hat", wherein the chef shares the best recipes with the guests. I freak out on the Maharashtrain cuisine, especially Dobli Mirchi and Puran poli.I would love to visit this place again and again.

Room Tip: Garden facing rooms give a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here in December 2011 around Christmas eve. The hotel was very nicely decorated with Christmas tree and other decoration .We also had the gala christmas dinner . The spread was big and tasty . The deserts were amazing .
The rooms are nice and clean .The staff is very good and coordial .The breakfast is amazing . One can enjoy the breakfast in garden . Its nice place with good food and nice people . Its worth visiting .

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple