“Excellent hospitality!!”

Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Nashik
Mumbai, India
“Excellent hospitality!!”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Me an my wife visited Nashik over the weekend of 7th-8th January 2012.. primarily for going to Sula vineyard and we are glad that we opted for the gateway hotel. The staff at gateway was very warm and courteous. We spent most of the first day at Sula and then came around evening to gateway. Its pretty peaceful, with some good views of the sunset from the hotel.

The location of the hotel is perfect, its bang on the highway, but still feels a little secluded, thanks to the open space and lawns. It is not a very new hotel, but has been maintained very well. The rooms are neat and clean and totaly self sufficient. Its perfect for a single or two nights stay for sure. They had a good variety at the breakfast menu at GAD (all day dining restaurant), but we were not very hungry so did not opt for it. But i suggest you can go for the buffet. We had checked in a little late on the first day and they did offer us the option of checking out a bit late rather than the usual 12 pm limit.

Added bonus - When they got to know it was my b'day, they arranged for a cake for me.. a sumptuous pineapple cake :) in our room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnupG10
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2011

From the minute you pass through the gates off the main road the service starts. We were saluted by the gate guards and again as we got out of the car at reception but the security and door staff.

The staff quickly and discreetly passed our luggage through the X-ray machines and delivered it to our rooms.

At check in the staff were very friendly and had everything ready for us to make checkin as quick and efficient as possible.

My room was a twin, well appointed and very comfortable, tea and coffee making facilities were well stocked and restocked each day as were the bathroom toiletries.

We ate in the hotel restaurant and it was a fantastic meal, authentic, well spiced but not over loweringly hot like western indian food, it was simply gorgeous and very well priced too.

Nashik is a very industrial area but the hotel provides a beautiful oasis at the end of a hard day, very colonial in it's appearance and practices which I found to my taste.

I recommend this hotel as a home from home in Nashik

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed at this property the weekend of Nov 12&13. Service, ambience, cleanliness was very good. Some of the staff is tricky and vague in their communication. They offered us complimentary 4 hour driver and car and they told us to visit the local winery which we were not interested in. We wanted to visit a couple pilgrimage sites. We checked several times to ensure that we utilizing their complimentary service to visit pilgrimage sites would be included and their staff said yes sure everything is good and there will be no extra charge.

At checkout, we saw a bill of RS1000 for this said “complimentary service”. We were shocked because earlier the staff not once mentioned about this ridiculous charge.

We stated our point with the staff but they were too busy trying to cover up and beat around the bush. We took the high road with this kind of people and ended up paying the bill.

There were also ridiculous charges for local phone charges and one more thing…..we ordered room service to go which we got at checkout. However they kept our water bottle which we paid for and was around RS100+.

I am stating all these extra charges because they all add up to a considerable amount.

Basically, do not trust or believe anything the staff tells you. I would be very cautious of the staff.

Other than this the hotel itself is very nice and well kept.
Average rating is because of the crude staff.

Room Tip: Choose garden view room or once facing the swimming pool.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bhargavipl
Perth, WA
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed here for two nights Oct-Nov 2011.
We had our two daughters sharing our room and came with a group of just under 20 friends to Nashik for a wedding.
The Gateway is fantastic.
The service is prompt, polite and helpful.
The food is soooo good. Buffet breakfast was awesome... I could eat at the GAD every day. I can particularly recommend the Club Sandwiches and the Chicken Pizza.
The lobby is beautiful, it has a very Colonial British India feel throughout.
The rooms are neat. The showers in the bathroom have industrial strength pressure which is a rarity in India!!!
The grounds and swimming pool are beautiful. There are even squirrels in the trees!
The salon is great. I had a wash and blow dry, then he even curled and set my hair.
I needed to go to the shops so I had my own private driver who escorted me to and from the mall. I never felt worried or unsafe.
If this hotel were in Australia, I would have had to pay thousands to get this quality of hotel, food and service! The Gateway made me feel like a princess.
If I return to Nashik I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank helgap
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have visited this place three times, and every time my impression is enhanced. The staff serves you with a smile, restaurant has a 24 hour buffet with enough choice for most palates, the ambience is soothing, the property is spacious. Will visit again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family