We spent two nights here at the end of October and loved it. We had a riverside room and the views across the river and towards the town were beautiful. Noise from outside was minimal - shame I can't say the same for all the kids screaming around the corridors though I can't blame the hotel for that (but don't get me started on parenting skills of people who take bus tours!)
Our room was gorgeous - a (rare) double bed, nice wooden floors, funky chairs and a balcony were the highlights. The bathroom was basic and there wasn't enough space to put toiletries etc.
The restaurant was very good - as the only Europeans in the place they spoiled us rotten which was a bit embarrassing because despite taking the buffet (at their recommendation - it was fantastic value) they wanted to serve us at the table.
Location is great - easy walk into town but very quiet. Nice little garden as well.
We couldn't leave on the first morning after our driver's car got boxed in by two buses in the car park. Thank goodness we didn't get up at 6 am for our jeep ride to the tea plantations as we couldn't get the car out until after 8.30 - again, not something I can blame the hotel for.
Staff absolutely obsessed with feedback and complaints. Every day someone came up to ask if everything was OK - we told them it was. "Any complaints madame?" came the reply each time.
No complaints from us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling among the majestic mountains of the western ghats at an altitude of over 6000 ft., Munnar ranks among the most enchanting tourist destinations in Kerala - "God’s own country." Your perfect getaway in enchanting Munnar is the three-star, WestWood Riverside. Forty well appointed rooms and one presidential suite offer you all the modern amenities. Special Honeymoon & Adventure packages are available on request. Check in at the WestWood Riverside Garden Resort in Munnar. And let your enchanting holidays begin. WestWood Riverside is promoted by the EVM Group of Companies. Designed almost entirely in a rich wooden ambiance, Westwood Riverside offers you forty one well appointed Executive Riverview, Deluxe and Specially decorated Honeymoon rooms. For the ultimate in luxury, there is also a glass-walled Presidential Suite. The rooms have great views, round-the-clock room service, travel desk, Wi-fi, satellite TV, 24 hours hot water, and much more. Airport pickups, guided tours, local site seeing etc. can be arranged.New facilities additions are our speciality open-air Barbeque restaurant, Fire Grill and services of exclusive Holiday planner to make our guests holiday more memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, TripOnline SA, OYO Rooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Yatra, MakeMyTrip, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Westwood Riverside Garden Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwood Riverside Garden Hotel Munnar
- Westwood Riverside Garden Resorts Munnar, Kerala