We chose this hotel because of its central location, within walking distance from the lively market of Munnar. We found the city itself rather unappealing: quite dirty and noisy, but the lovely surroundings, with its multitude of tea estates made it worth the stay.
Surprisingly, while checking in, we were asked by the receptionist to pay more than the full room fare, taxes included. This was unprecedented, but we didn’t mind as we were likely to spend some extra rupees on food anyway.
Our room was clean and correctly equipped, with a nice view on the town and hills. Only problem was the lack of sound insulation (windows don’t really shut properly and there’s a large vent in the bathroom, so be ready to wear ear plugs at night).
The restaurant was not very appealing but we decided to eat there since it’s difficult to find any other place in the center serving beer and, though the food wasn’t great, the staff was efficient and the prices were quite reasonable.
Overall, the hotel met our expectations and offered a decent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issacs Residency (classified and approved by the Department of Tourism, Govt of India) a premium three-star hotel in Munnar will surely be a pleasant hideout for any who is looking for a premium accommodation in Munnar. It is situated on a hillock overlooking the picturesque town of Munnar. Issacs Residency also provides a breathtaking view of rolling hills above and its location has the right ambience to rejuvenate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ClearTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Isaac's Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isaac`s Residency Hotel Munnar
- Isaac's Residency Munnar, Kerala