We stayed two nights at the Tea County. After a mess up by our travel agent (we wanted to stay at another resort)...we had to chose this place since it was claimed as 4 star and is appreciated by our travel agent. The hotel is pretty small, we took the premium cottages, but the rooms are average. We had a view of the town. The rooms were clean but can be improved for what they charge! Their room service and charges are expensive for what they provide. Customer service is really average and the dining room experience is really below average. The food served at the buffet and al-a-carte was a disappointment. We ordered the veg jalfrezi and could not even start a meal after looking at what was presented, forget about the taste.
I know this is a government venture, but expected more and they can do so much more to improve the experience.
Munnar is beautiful, but I suggest you stay in Chinnakanal at their resorts instead, which is like 30 mins away, but worth the place and views. We drove by the Chinnakanal on our way to Thekkady and wish we stayed there instead. Next time :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaint cottages, fragrant tea gardens and mist-draped mornings are hallmarks of Munnar. For years the cool and picturesque town of Munnar was the summer retreat of the British and it still retains the charm of a colonial past. The destination is home to the only sandalwood forest in Kerala and is also famous for its exotic flora and fauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Yatra, Expedia, Hotels.com and ClearTrip so you can book your KTDC Tea County Munnar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ktdc Tea County Hotel Munnar
- Tea County Munnar
- Tea County Hotel Munnar
- KTDC Tea County Munnar Kerala