New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“"at the top"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cloud Farm Camp Munnar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munnar
Cloud Farm Camp Munnar
Ranked #31 of 131 Speciality Lodging in Munnar
Kochi (Cochin), India
“"at the top"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

I visited Burj Dubai in April 2010 and Cloud Farm in May 2010; i would like to give this nature built height and its beauty more marks than the concrete built burj dubai. This place is really above the clouds , yes more than 7000 feet above sea level, we are at the top by all means. One word of caution, this place is not for the timid souls; its only meant for those who like adventure, and those who love nature. I am planning to visit this place once again in January 2011. Last time myself and my wife was there in the team along with our two cousines, this time am planning to go there with my two childrens.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank jaideepmenon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

CLOUD FARM - A green pasture in the charred world!!!

The amazing vision of sunrise under the haze of clouds; the tired moon retiring with the army of stars; Let me thank God Almighty & Sibichan for granting me a vision of my lifetime. My friends Joy & Lijosh had accompanied me to this mesmerizing trip. It was my first travel experience with Sibichan. The in-depth knowledge of Munnar & and the nature life that he had, was what attracted me to him.

The moment I reached Cloud Farm the first thought that flashed across my mind was “A GREEN PASTURE IN THIS CHARRED WORLD”.

The path to reach Cloud Farm is filled with boulders, farms and branches of trees which create an upper roof for us to walk in shade. We had to cross tea plantations which energized us with its distinctive aroma. To entertain us all along the way there were birds chirping and humming in their own tunes. The green pastures were so considerable & significant that a wide angle lens of the best camera would fail to capture it in all its glory.

A comment on the food that we relished there is important to be mentioned. We were served with ragi biscuits and black tea (sulaimani). If I say that the ragi biscuits were tasty then I would be undermining its value - they were simply superb. I do not know what word to use to describe its unique taste!! It was an exciting experience to grill chicken in the courtyard while the cool breeze embraced us.

The morning trek was the most exhilarating experience. We got a 360° view while on top, where we got a glimpse of the different parts of Tamilnadu and Munnar. It was simply amazing & breath-taking...!!! Sibichan was very excited while describing each and every place with its importance and significance. His description in his exceptional manner gave all of us the real feel of the place.

It was a magnificent experience to spend some days in the cradle of greenery enjoying and submitting oneself to the soothing touch of nature. I render my heartfelt gratitude to Sibichan, Monichan & Basil for all the assistance to make my trip memorable.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank artistpraveen
Cochin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

I have visited Cloud Farm with My friends for last May. From Ellapetty, we trekked through the tea and vegitable planations and entered evergreen shola forests. A short climb through the forest pathway bordered by exotic plants.
This trek will be a trial for your stamina.
The moment you reach top of this hills, ever green shola gives way to grass landa and this valley gives you one of the best views. In the middle of grass lands and bordered by thick forest i this litle clean, well made camp - Cloud Farm.

The dormitory is of high standards with fine beds and quality linen and well docorated with cotton curtains to match the surroundings.

A small clean toilet and semi open bathing area is a luxury when you are at a spot like this, almost 7200 feet above sea level.

Wish to point out the care given to the minute details like Cutlaries and Crockeries used, a small portable BBQ and Kitchen.
We enjoyed our visit and wish to go back during this winter also.
Special thanks to Mr. Sibi and Team.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank amaltourist
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

Team :

It is run by a team of three nature lovers siby/basil/monichan.
The “nature man” known locally as “Siby munnar “ , is the encyclopedia of munnar history and fauna/flora of western ghats.
Each one is specialized in their field

Location :
This camp is nestled in Kottagudi Hills near Top Station. It is a ridge and an eco-link between the Palni Hills and Kannan Devan Hills of the High Ranges in Western Ghats near the Pambadum Shola National Park. We feel that we are over the clouds. Location is great

Approach :
We need to go by jeep till Ellappetty ( 28KM from munnar toward Top station ).
Then need to trek for around 1 hr ( 4KM ) through tea estates , Eucalyptus plantations , Shola forest, and grass lands to reach cloud Farm.
Initially the walk is through the plain terrine, too scenic and fresh air . We sited langur and some wild hen on the way.

Accommodation :
Dormitory accommodation is available for six people. Very neat and clean linen/bed.
No electricity but eco friendly LED lanterns are available. Actually it is better not to have electricity, since we can truly enjoy nature.
Room for Improvement : Only one bathroom is available for six people.

Food :
3 course food in a nature camp !!! , BBQ and salads -> soup -> roti and curry -> fried rice -> finally the desert.
Food is awesome !!!

Over all , this is a place to be visited

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank MunnarHomestead
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munnar
Camp Noel
Ela Ecoland Nature Retreat
Hornbill Camp
Hornbill Camp
#1 of 3 in Thattakad

Been to Cloud Farm Camp Munnar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK