“Good stay .... Nice view and staff”
Review of The Silver Tips

The Silver Tips
Ranked #50 of 105 Hotels in Munnar
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The hotel was good....staff was excellent.... Very cooperative...food was good,... Room service was also decent...... Our room was on the theme of movie awara ....it was great and very nicely done room..... The hotel has been designed very artistically.... About a km fron the main market makes it very convenient to shop.... Overall a very good stay in the hotel...

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 26 May 2012

We did not stay at this hotel, but had three lunches. Their non-veg buffet at Rs299 is good. The food was tasty , reasonably good variety and courteous service.
We also had lunch at hotel named T&U. It was atrociously costly and quality of food was pedestrain.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

my name is raghavan. I had stayed in this hotel on 19 & 20 of May 2012. Reception was excellent and the fellow staffs are polite. Rooms are neat and room service is at peers. Foods are also very tasty with lot of varieties. But one small suggestion from my side i.e. in restaurant the service staff availability is very less. I had seen more than 40 customers were served by only 4 staff. Instantly i
had reported it to the restaurant manager. Hope this situation will improve. Apart from this i had a pleasant stay in this hotel. I will surely recommend to all my colleques and friends. A word of reply from Hote Manager is highly appreciated.(This is regarding the appointment of more staffs in restaurant in peak times)

2  Thank ramaseshu
SINSONTJ, Manager at The Silver Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

May 25.05.2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review of our hotel and also for your compliments on our fecilities and the service.

We are delighted to note that you found our hotel exceptional. Thank you for your compliments.

We are also grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by the team. Your words of appreciation shall go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

My team and I hope look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Jebin jacob
Manager Operation
The Silver tips
Munnar.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Recomended hotel...... Reception staff is polite and accomodating. They showed us the whole property and took snaps of us at every location. Rooms are spacious, clean with all the necessary facilities and toileteries. Housekeeping is doing the job well......... movie themes are uniquely designed.

Hot water is available with limited timings. Having a hot water shower after tiring day may not be a good idea. As i checked into the hotel late evening, the staff confirmed to me that hot water shall be available till late night. However water was barely warm by 11PM.

Food is good, spread is satisfactory. 24/7 cafe is not available..... but staff would be flexible enough.

Net....net, the place is comfortable and cozy. No nonsense activity inside the hotel.... would recomend the hotel for couples/ family.

Room Tip: Take the rooms facing the football ground. Book the room with your choice of movie theme in advance...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2012

After a horrendous vacation at Wayanad (Karapuzha Village Resort), it was time for us to go out and get treated well during a vacation! It was a friend of mine, who is an encyclopedia when it comes to travel locations in Kerala, who suggested the name of this hotel. He hadn't been there before, but had heard some good comments. Did a basic study on their website and decided to go ahead.

Munnar - undoubtedly a serene hill station, has been on the decline when it comes to improving the basic infrastructure. Wish the authorities spent some time understanding the potential of that place in the Kerala tourism roadmap, if there is one! This is the best time with regard to the climate and possibly the worst with regard to the crowd - Sep to May is the best time and I would recommend going some time before March if peace and tranquility is what you would appreciate. 3/5 for the hillstation.

Silver Tips isn't a resort of any kind - you don't find independent cottages or swimming pool that would typically welcome you in a conventional resort. This is built around the theme of Movies - something I found quite unique to experience. The rooms are very well appointed and care has been taken to etch the theme in every possible part of the hotel. Hats off! The hotel has a conference room, free Wifi, a great dining hall that also is movie inspired, gym, ample parking space and an ayurvedic treatment clinic with a trained ayurvedic physician and staff. The location isn't picturesque and one must see to it that he/she checks into the rooms on the left side if you are to get some decent view. 3/5 for the location.

The rooms are very spacious and so are the bathrooms - with a separate wet and dry area that sure delighted me! You don't find that very often in such places. What made me gave most brownie points was the impeccable way the rooms were maintained. There is one bottle of mineral water that comes complementary along with a few sachets of tea bags, coffee powder and sugar for your morning tea. Free WI-Fi was awesome - there were as much as 4/5 networks to choose from - thanks a ton! 5/5 for the rooms!

The food was nice - it isn't the great under the sky, but not at all bad. The lunch and dinner were served as a buffet and at 199/299 for veg/non-veg, I thought it was value for money. Handful of salads, 4-5 veg dishes, 3 non-veg, 3 desserts and ice-cream, 1 soup, 3 types of rice - all they had were prepared well. Complementary breakfast also was nice - Idli, poha, vada, continental options (nice fruit bread and home made jam was yummy), egg, fruit juice - I had fun. I must have gained at least a kilo in a day! We even ordered ala-carte for dinner even when there was a buffet simply because we wanted to be cozy in the room. The food arrived within 30 minutes and tasted good. 4/5 for the food.

Service of staff - Hmm! I wouldn't say I am excited to speak about it, though there was nothing to frown about. It appeared to me somehow that the staff were coaxed to speak in English to all the guests - to those who even preferred to use local language. I preferred to speak in Malayalam and they spoke to me in English - most of them were visibly struggling. If I were to critically look at it, I would have wanted them to be a little more courteous and trained, but I don't think there was anything that spoiled my moments there. This feedback is just for the knowledge of those who get easily upset with the slightest of irky behavior from the staff. There were never annoying, but could have been trained better. 4/5 for service.

In all, a nice place to be - a different experience altogether. Overall - 4/5.

Would go back again!

~Jay

Room Tip: Take rooms to your left for a good view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
SINSONTJ, Manager at The Silver Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Silver tips, Munnar recently. Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

Your words of appreciation shall go a long way to motivate my teams to continue to deliver a high level of service to our valued guests. Our endeavour is to offer excellent accommodation, food and prompt service to all our guests and my team and I feel privileged that you have considered writing this review.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Silver tips,Munnar.

Jebin Jacob