Location is excellent with view of the waterfalls from the balcony(we stayed in leaf cottage) with background score of waterfalls music. direction to resort is little confusing.
rooms are clean , well maintained, service is good. they provided us with a guide to reach the waterfalls which was an amazing experience(with leeches too)
we were not able to experience the swimming pool and campfire because of rain: but no complaints as mist and cool weather kept us good company throughout
Food choices are minimal especially for vegetarian(there was one unfortunate friend in our group). quality needs real improvement as far as food is concerned.
However the location compromises for the minor setbacks and you will certainly relax your body and mind:
Take cash with you as they do not accept credit/debit cards. Only beer is available in the resort so hard liquor consumer better be well equipped.
they charged us reasonably at rupees 4000/- per day for the leaf cottage (off season). i think that it was a good offer considering the facilities.
The resort is suitable for tourists with own transportation, otherwise you may face a difficulty
The staff are good, smiling and respond immediately. but the calling bell was not working and we had to climb up every time to ask for anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by Mountains,Tea Gardens and a Waterfall it is a great setting of Nature with all its bounties.A perfect hideout for people who want to relax in a peaceful environment without any disturbance, enjoying the beauty of pristine nature relaxing near the pool and hearing the sounds of crickets and the gurgling waterfall which can be viewed from the resort.The cottages and rooms are also aesthetically designed to gel with Nature. The Leaf cottage made partly of Bamboo leaf, The Mud cottage made of Mud and the Treetop cottage which has a Deck perched on a tree.The rooms have a good view of the swimming pool and the mountains.The resort has a restaurant where homely food served which is all prepared fresh with vegetables grown within the estate of the resort itself.Guests can trek down to the waterfall nearby and enjoy the tea estates and the Nature around or choose to take a Jeep safari which would take them into the wilderness where they can see numerous waterfalls, flowing rivers, a fish pond,hanging bridges etc.They can also choose to travel to Munnar for sightseeing and boating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, TravelGuru, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Hotel Munnar
- Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Resort Munnar, Kerala