Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful tour enhanced by a knowledgeable and sincere guide.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
007ms_itchyfeet
Brisbane, Australia
via mobile
An absolutely wonderful experience

Reviewed 14 December 2018
borninusa17

Recommended experiences in and around Bhuj
from US$ 813.00
More Info
from US$ 437.00
More Info
All reviews his knowledge block printing local culture sustainable tourism authentic experience home stay salt desert homestay interests tours weavers communities rabari herders nun compassion humour
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I spent 4 days with Kuldip on a group tour and was impressed by his love and knowledge of his state's history and it's people. He has a genuine warmth for all he meets and I would highly recommend doing a tour with Kuldip and Kutch adventures.

Date of experience: January 2019
Kutch_Adventures, Owner at Kutch Adventures India, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thank you so much Karin for writing wonderful review for Kutch Adventures India. Your review and references helps us continue doing what we love most-Meet travelers and share our love and passion for Nature, Culture and Communities of Kutch. Best wishes! Kuldip Gadhvi

Reviewed 14 December 2018

Touring through Kutch with Kuldip could simply not have been a better experience! I came to Kutch not really knowing what to expect and left knowing that I’ve found a place I will try coming back to again and again. The culture of this area is so rich, the nature absolutely stunning and the people warm and friendly.

I stayed at the homestay for three night and felt extremely comfortable throughout. The family really took great care of me. Kuldip and I went for a day trip to Mandvi and did an overnight tour to the desert and some local villages.

Kuldip knows every corner (and it seems even every person) of Kutch and so he can perfectly adjust his tours according to the interests of the travellers. We had many really informative conversations and I saw places which I surely would not have had access to without him. The things I learned and insights I gained were plenty and will stay with me!

Kutch Adventures really is a sustainable tourism operator! Kuldip chose to support small family businesses and villages on the tours instead of collaborating only with the rich and well established ones (which most other tour guides do). Like this, income is being distributed more equally and tourists get a truly authentic experience. Apart from this, Kuldip advices, financially supports and initiates plenty of small projects in order to improve the villagers’ situation and preserve the culture and environment of the area.

Kuldip is extremely passionate about what he’s doing and was always concerned about my well being as well as that of the locals he works with. I couldn’t recommend his tours more.

Date of experience: December 2018
Kutch_Adventures, Owner at Kutch Adventures India, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much Sophie for writing wonderful review for Kutch Adventures India. Your review and references helps us continue doing what we love most-Meet travelers and share our love and passion for Nature, Culture and Communities of Kutch. Best wishes! Kuldip Gadhvi

Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

First of all Kuldip and his family’s Homestay is a pleasure, I haven’t slept so well or so easily in India, it is a calm space. Located out of town, with a farm across the road, it is a quiet haven. Food is fresh and filling, simple and tasty. You are made to feel one of the family.

Then there’s the tours. It’s clear that Kuldip has connections all over Kutchh and his friendliness and openness means he invests time cultivating those relationships and building new ones, so we were often stopping to give lifts or to talk to herders, crafts people etc. His curiosity for others holds him in good stead and the warmth of friendship that creates is palpable.

Each day was something different, from looking at the various textile techniques of Bhuj and the surrounding area at the LLDC museum to then experiencing the craft up close in the villages, and their makers, to visiting Bhuj, exploring the town and market, seeing rug weavers, having a go at block printing, visiting the White Rann to watch the sunset, then to see the stars from a charpoy, next to a charcoal brazier at the nearby resort, to music in the car, looking out for wildlife, visiting the seaside town of Maldvi, all of it was so joyous with Kuldip as the exemplary host. His sense of fun shows up in many ways, and you quickly feel you’re on a road trip with a friend, coupled with his more than excellent English you know you are guaranteed laughs, humour at the expense of either party and just a really good time.

What makes his tours different is that you are meeting crafts people in their homes or workplaces who are creating, not for show, for the tourists, but for viable income and they share their crafts with pride, not just for a sale. The welcomes were all warm, opening and about sharing. The highlight for me was the block printing, and the chance to have a go myself. The owner was so accommodating, in amongst finishing off an order,helping Kuldip with his own designs for blankets and getting ready for Friday prayers, all done with a calm unhurried manner.

There’s so much opportunity to see many things here in Kutchh, it’s been a real eye opener for me, and has left me with a desire to return and to explore more. That’s in no small part due to Kutch Adventure Tours, and for that I’m very grateful.

Date of experience: December 2018

Thank you so much Sarah for writing wonderful review for Kutch Adventures India. Your review and references helps us continue doing what we love most-Meet travelers and share our love and passion for Nature, Culture and Communities of Kutch. Best wishes! Kuldip Gadhvi

Reviewed 4 December 2018

From the early planning stages right through to saying goodbye to a new friend, Kuldip was an excellent host and guide. He answered all our planning questions, managed a pick up on our arrival even though our bus was delayed, ensured all our interests were catered for, drove us safely for miles through the desert, and was a wealth of knowledge about his home town of Bhuj and the surrounding areas of Kutch. A highlight was making our own block print scarf, and meeting textile artisans in their own homes.

Kuldip and his family were very welcoming and the homestay option certainly enhanced our experience of life in India, especially with Ankita's fabulous cooking.

An adventure not to be missed - Leona, John & Kali

Date of experience: November 2018
Kutch_Adventures, Owner at Kutch Adventures India, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2018

Thank you so much Leona, John and Kali for writing wonderful review for Kutch Adventures India. Your review and references helps us continue doing what we love most-Meet travelers and share our love and passion for Nature, Culture and Communities of Kutch. Best wishes! Kuldip Gadhvi

Reviewed 3 December 2018

Staying with Kuldip, Ankita, and Karma was such a pleasure. We truly felt like we were part of their family - enjoying downtime and meals all together. They helped us learn about real life in Bhuj and helped us organize our time in Bhug & Kutch. We learned a lot about block printing and local artisans thanks to Kuldip's expertise and passion. I would highly recommend a homestay or any guided tour with Kuldip!! They're the best!!

Date of experience: November 2018

Thank you so much Lana (and Adam) for writing wonderful review for Kutch Adventures India. Your review and references helps us continue doing what we love most-Meet travelers and share our love and passion for Nature, Culture and Communities of Kutch. Best wishes! Kuldip Gadhvi

Reviewed 13 November 2018

I just spent 5 days with Kuldip, 3 in his homestay and 2 in tours.

At home, I was welcomed as a friend, invited to share moment of life, Diwali with the family, visit relatives, share sweets and other meals… Incredible moments! His wife, son, father are so welcoming and generous, so like all his family.

Then the tour, everything was magical : the artisans of the region, the children, the faces, the beauty of the local crafts, the sunset in the desert, to spend a wonderful night in timeless village and a perfect guide: Kuldip !

He knows and loves his region, its highlights beauty, richness, and authenticity. He supports the locals, and also brings them his knowledge, like the importance to use natural raw materials, for example.

Finally, perfect change of program by ending this tour with a sunset in Mandvi at the seaside.

Really, it was a magical, deep and wonderful experience.

Thank you again Kuldip, for your humor, your energy almost inexhaustible, to thwart traffic jams, and for all these shares, and discussion !

I was received as a friend, I leave with a new friend

Date of experience: November 2018
Kutch_Adventures, Owner at Kutch Adventures India, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2018

Thank you so much Amber for writing wonderful review for Kutch Adventures India. Your review and references helps us continue doing what we love most-Meet travelers and share our love and passion for Nature, Culture and Communities of Kutch. Best wishes! Kuldip Gadhvi