2 people are viewing this hotel
$126
Free cancellation until 17/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$126
Free cancellation until 18/08/22
Agoda.com
$89
Free cancellation until 17/08/22
Hotels.com$126
Priceline$126
Hurb$129
All reviews mandovi river small hill river view excellent view travel desk walking distance an upgrade breakfast buffet spacious rooms hotel is centrally located nice pool prompt service cake housekeeping staff excellent hospitality awesome stay duty manager
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Just returned from my stay at The Crown, Goa. My trip wasn't meant to be a long extravagant stay in Goa; it was a weekend gateway for me. I went there to try my luck at the famous floating casinos. And hence, Panjim and The Crown, Goa.

The entrance to the hotel is unlike a hotel that I have been to, in Goa. You are expected to take the elevators to level 2, and that's where the property opens up. The property looks nice and very well maintained. The main lobby is at Level 2, and overlooks the swimming pool - a cute little pool. The level 2 deck offers a great view of the river Mandovi. It also houses their cafe cum restaurant.

We weren't treated to any welcome drink at the reception. Considering it is summers, a glass of water would have been appreciated. We reached at about 1pm, and found out that our room wasn't ready. However, we did not have to wait too long to get the room. While collecting the welcome letter from the receptionist, I was asked to pay a refundable deposit of INR 2,000/-. This was essentially, to cover charges towards any mini bar usage; this was a 'first' for me! I have stayed at many places, but no one as yet has asked me a security deposit. Considering the fact that people are paying close to INR 8,000/- (as per hotel booking wires) per room night, there is hardly a case for collecting security deposit.

After having completed all the front office formalities, we headed to our room. We were put up on the 3rd floor. From the lobby (Level 2), you have to again take elevators to the go to your room. The room was a pleasant surprise, and was done up really well. The linen was nice, crisp end clean. The walls were nicely done, the layout was also nice. While we were still checking the room, in came an attendant and placed some cookies in front of us - complimentary from the hotel.

Next up was the bathroom. It was spacious but could have been better. I felt that the shower piece was aging and it required a little more effort to get it working, than it ideally should. I am not sure if I checked this, but if my memory serves me right, bathrooms weren't well ventilated.

I did not have food there except for the morning breakfast. The spread was nice - can't compare with a 5star, but it provided everything one needed. Cold meat options were limited.

The hotel staff are a bunch of young people, who are working really hard to make a difference. They are quick, courteous and friendly.

Overall, I think it provides for a decent stay. I feel their price point makes people expect a little more than they offer. The reason I chose this hotel was because it's walking distance from the floating casinos. The Crown also has a casino in-house, but I could not check it out. May be next time!

If you really want to stay in Panjim, and don't really want to spend your money lavishly, this hotel is something that you can try. My overall experience has been good, and I don't mind recommending it to people.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
TheCrownGoa, General Manager at The Crown Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Greetings from The Crown – Goa !
Many thanks for your very detailed review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are thankful for highlighting & thus helping us improve upon our short comings.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
The Team & I look forward for your next memorable holiday with us.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

When i received invitation for Conference by Goa Air Cargo Association and Hyd airport, Menzes at "The Crown "Goa I could not visualise exactly which is this hotel. When i landed in late afternoon and enter property i could recollect it was "Sun n Sand" which was under new management.

Location and view of this hotel is unbeatable!!!. great view from spacious river-facing rooms .The hotel is situated on a small hill and so you have to drive up an inclined road to get to the hotel. (approach roads a bit scruffy.)Once there, you have to take the elevator up to actual hotel grounds. A short walk and you are in an open lobby where check in was done .
The lobby and hotel have a holiday feel, to the right of the lobby is a small swimming pool.The room was spacious with a clean bed. The rooms are a bit worn out with stains on the curtains, and furniture. Bathroom was okay with basic amenities The flooring and decor of the room were a bit old.But i am sure some people must be very much liking same, old has its own charm.
Conference hall was ok . In night we have dinner at pool and restaurant, inspite of many guest, staff was really looking after every guest and was insisting to try different variety food and guiding them. Food was tasty and delicious, i have to leave dinner early and catch very early morning flight. In morning there was problems in billing and it took long to sort out same which was due to minibar billing. staff and hotel was having no courtesy to ask or give packed breakfast.

Room tip: Room with River View
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TheCrownGoa, General Manager at The Crown Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Greetings from The Crown – Goa !
Thank you for your valuable feed back & your words of appreciations on Trip Advisor.
We are glad that you had a memorable visit.
As mentioned , we are a Heritage Hotel & we try to maintain it’s uniqueness – as far as possible.
However your suggestions have been seriously taken & most of them have been implemented.
Hoping to see you soon for another joyful stay with us.
Thanking You,

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Pros: spacious rooms, good breakfast, clean, friendly staff
Cons: run down and in need of a paint and general upgrade, noisy at night time from people in the corridor (mostly staff!), my room backed onto a playground and anyone there could see into my room as the daytime curtains didn't close properly

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Greetings from The Crown - Goa !
Thank you for your valuable feed back & your words of appreciations.
We are grateful for your highlighting & thus helping us improve upon our short comings.
We hope to see you soon, so as to witness the changes as suggested.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Best experience at the crown with my family we stayed from 17th March to 21st March & from the time we checked into the hotel the experience had been great from clean rooms to good food & the excellent staff at the hotel special thanks to Mr Basavaraj & Mr Glen for making us comfortable & make us feel like home Mr Basavaraj had been providing us best services & inputs about places to visit
Once again a big thank you to Mr Basavaraj , Mr Glen & the entire crown team.....
You guys are the best.......
I strongly recommend this place for families

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
TheCrownGoa, General Manager at The Crown Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Greetings from The Crown – Goa !
Thank you very much for your kind & overwhelming review on Trip Advisor.
We are glad that you & the dear family thoroughly enjoyed your stay @ The Crown – Goa.
Your memories & compliments about the good food, service, facilities & the personalized service does make our Team Members over joyed.
We eagerly look forward for your next memorable holiday with us.
Thanking you,
Best regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

The Crown Goa is perfectly located - in the heart on Panjim but also away from crowd and also giving a very beautiful view. the rooms are decent and the service is amazing. My non-veg friends has a delight savouring the food especially fish.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AbhiSlch
TheCrownGoa, General Manager at The Crown Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Greetings from The Crown – Goa !
Thank you for appreciating our services & our hospitality.
We are delighted to read that you & your dear friends thoroughly enjoyed your holiday with us.
Yes ! as mentioned. Our Chef’s do take pride & truly show case their talents with their wide variety in different cuisines.
Thanking you once again. The Team & I eagerly look forward for your next “ Delightful” stay with us.
With Best Regards,