All reviewshonor systemother guestsevery morningminute walkthe managershonor barrooms are largeyogurtlaid backwest bayocean viewsmall poolplace to staybanana pancakesrooms are greatinfinity poolsun divers
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Thanks Krystal and the Cocolobo staff for a wonderful time. Both of us looked forward to the breakfast everyday and the wonderful snacks that were made. In addition, our room had a great view of the ocean and a wonderful hammock to just hang around after a "tough" day of diving! Definitely would love to stay there again when I go back to Roatan!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hplx32
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review! Hopefully, you all will be back soon for another relaxing few days blowing bubbles and having hammock time!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Our first trip to Roatan and Honduras and we looked at everywhere on the island by internet before deciding on Cocolobo. We couldn't have chosen better as it's friendly, relaxed and in a quiet setting yet moments from west end'town'. After talking to me Krys the manager and very knowledgeable diver recommended Sun Divers Roatan to dive with (see review) and they were outstanding. At Cocolobo we had an ocean view room which was spotlessly clean with a great view, very private and spacious. Krys gives honest accurate recommendations which is really helpful and she seems to genuinely care that everyone makes the most of their time on the island and gets the type of holiday they came for. She is excellent at creating an inclusive atmosphere without being intrusive and is a natural engaging host. As other guests have commented nothing is too much trouble to ask Krys and more often she would volunteer before you knew you needed it , she also has great attention to detail so if you want drinks stocked in the bar she goes out of her way to get what you like.! The staff are all great and seem to get on well which makes for a very relaxing environment and coming back at night to a warm welcome from Jose on security makes you feel welcome and more importantly secure. A different cooked breakfast is provided every morning and there is an honesty bar which is very reasonably priced but for anything else you need to go out. Haidi is a good cook and convincing her to do a communal dinner on occasions might be something to consider as some of the restaurants can seem expensive with variable quality (see reviews) which makes leaving Cocolobo less attractive. The diving is very inexpensive compared to other countries i have been to which is surprising for the professionalism and standard offered but Brits might find Roatan otherwise more expensive compared to nearby countries.
Tips: bring your own shampoo/gel as none are provided or buy locally
Try Eduardo and Eddie the taco stall outside Mares shop after 5 pm best tacos and vegetarian quesadilla, we went more than once

Room Tip: Go for an ocean view not above the communal areas
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deborah013
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you Deborah and Wendy!!

It was a great pleasure getting to know you and hear about your daily adventures! I am so jealous you saw a hammerhead!! Hope you both enjoy the rest of your adventurous holiday!

Hope to see you both down here again! Or maybe in London :)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

This was my second visit to the West End and I knew that I wanted a room with an ocean view. Cocolobo was recommended by a friend who had stayed there a couple of years ago, as well as by a friend who lives on the island. It did not disappoint: the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the views (which include gorgeous sunsets) are lovely, the patio hammock is perfectly positioned to catch the breeze, and there are two resident cats, Coco and Lobo, who make the place feel like home. Manager Krys Enger goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable, happy, and equipped with no shortage of recommendations for restaurants, bars, and activities. And even though town is a short 5 to 10-minute walk, she drove me and my dive gear to the shop so I didn't have to lug it. The couple of minor problems I had with the room (a fridge on the fritz and a slow-draining shower) were taken care of immediately. The staff provides a cooked breakfast every morning, along with fruit, cereal, juice, and breads/muffins, which you eat while staring out at the sea beyond the main patio and plunge pool. The best thing about this hotel--and the West End in general--is the community, and Krys helps support this feeling by always being around, ready to chat and connect people. I was traveling solo on this trip, but I didn't have dinner by myself once...whether it's the expat community, the locals, or other travelers, people are just super friendly and welcoming in the West End.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DestinationDiver
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you so much Julie!!
I truly enjoyed getting to know you during your vacation!! Hopefully, you will be back down in the near future!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I began my trip at another hotel I had found on-line, and after my first night was not feeling good with my choice. I talked to locals and walked around, and found Cocolobo. The minute I stepped into the room, I knew I had to spend my vacation here. The rooms are clean, cozy, with balcony's and hammocks overlooking the ocean. It was over double what I was hoping to pay, but in the end it was worth it! The included breakfast, is a nice way to meet other travelers and feel a sense of community.

The first night I was there a tropical storm hit and for 3 days was pretty much confined to the hotel. Such a great place to be in the storm. The manager, Krys, drove into town during the storm to get food to make us all lunch. I was super impressed by how much she cared about every guest staying in the hotel... making sure they were picked up for airport, made their tours, or were okay in the storm. She personally knocked on my door to tell me lunch was ready. I was traveling alone and never felt alone while I was there.

If I go to Honduras again and want to stay on the West End, I would not hesitate to stay there again. No need to look further, it's a great place!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you so much Jen! I am so glad you roamed around and found "home" for the week at Cocolobo! It was a great pleasure getting to know you while hanging at the pool in a few hours of sunshine that week! Hope the writing time works out well for you!!

All the best and hope to see your smile again soon,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The rooms at Cocolobo are spacious and made out of Honduran Pine. They all have beautiful views facing the water with the shore only 30 feet away. While there is no beach here there is a nice large deck with a tiny pool. Each room has its own deck with chairs and a hammock. The location is very good. Only a 10 minute or less walk to the many restaurants and bars of West End but far enough away to avoid the late night noises. Breakfast is good if not special. There is no restaurant and somewhat surprisingly no food provided at all in the afternoons. Gicen that many guests are divers and come back hungry from their morning dives some kind of afternoon snack would be appreciated e.g. nuts, crackers, fruit or cookies. This is a bit of inconvenience when it is raining hard and one would get soaked going to the West End restaurants. The manager, Krys, is terrific. She will try to fulfill any request and keeps her head about her when all else are losing theirs. I would definitely return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thanks Duane!!

It was great having you here this week!! You have so much information to give about world travel and preservation efforts. Thank you again for the suggestions! Hope to see you back in a few months!!