All reviews honor system other guests every morning minute walk the managers honor bar rooms are large yogurt laid back west bay ocean view small pool place to stay banana pancakes rooms are great infinity pool sun divers
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This was my second visit to the West End and I knew that I wanted a room with an ocean view. Cocolobo was recommended by a friend who had stayed there a couple of years ago, as well as by a friend who lives on the island. It did not disappoint: the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the views (which include gorgeous sunsets) are lovely, the patio hammock is perfectly positioned to catch the breeze, and there are two resident cats, Coco and Lobo, who make the place feel like home. Manager Krys Enger goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable, happy, and equipped with no shortage of recommendations for restaurants, bars, and activities. And even though town is a short 5 to 10-minute walk, she drove me and my dive gear to the shop so I didn't have to lug it. The couple of minor problems I had with the room (a fridge on the fritz and a slow-draining shower) were taken care of immediately. The staff provides a cooked breakfast every morning, along with fruit, cereal, juice, and breads/muffins, which you eat while staring out at the sea beyond the main patio and plunge pool. The best thing about this hotel--and the West End in general--is the community, and Krys helps support this feeling by always being around, ready to chat and connect people. I was traveling solo on this trip, but I didn't have dinner by myself once...whether it's the expat community, the locals, or other travelers, people are just super friendly and welcoming in the West End.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DestinationDiver
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you so much Julie!!
I truly enjoyed getting to know you during your vacation!! Hopefully, you will be back down in the near future!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I began my trip at another hotel I had found on-line, and after my first night was not feeling good with my choice. I talked to locals and walked around, and found Cocolobo. The minute I stepped into the room, I knew I had to spend my vacation here. The rooms are clean, cozy, with balcony's and hammocks overlooking the ocean. It was over double what I was hoping to pay, but in the end it was worth it! The included breakfast, is a nice way to meet other travelers and feel a sense of community.

The first night I was there a tropical storm hit and for 3 days was pretty much confined to the hotel. Such a great place to be in the storm. The manager, Krys, drove into town during the storm to get food to make us all lunch. I was super impressed by how much she cared about every guest staying in the hotel... making sure they were picked up for airport, made their tours, or were okay in the storm. She personally knocked on my door to tell me lunch was ready. I was traveling alone and never felt alone while I was there.

If I go to Honduras again and want to stay on the West End, I would not hesitate to stay there again. No need to look further, it's a great place!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you so much Jen! I am so glad you roamed around and found "home" for the week at Cocolobo! It was a great pleasure getting to know you while hanging at the pool in a few hours of sunshine that week! Hope the writing time works out well for you!!

All the best and hope to see your smile again soon,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The rooms at Cocolobo are spacious and made out of Honduran Pine. They all have beautiful views facing the water with the shore only 30 feet away. While there is no beach here there is a nice large deck with a tiny pool. Each room has its own deck with chairs and a hammock. The location is very good. Only a 10 minute or less walk to the many restaurants and bars of West End but far enough away to avoid the late night noises. Breakfast is good if not special. There is no restaurant and somewhat surprisingly no food provided at all in the afternoons. Gicen that many guests are divers and come back hungry from their morning dives some kind of afternoon snack would be appreciated e.g. nuts, crackers, fruit or cookies. This is a bit of inconvenience when it is raining hard and one would get soaked going to the West End restaurants. The manager, Krys, is terrific. She will try to fulfill any request and keeps her head about her when all else are losing theirs. I would definitely return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thanks Duane!!

It was great having you here this week!! You have so much information to give about world travel and preservation efforts. Thank you again for the suggestions! Hope to see you back in a few months!!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed at Cocolobo Nov 23-30, 2013, in the midst of terrible weather--and still had a nice time there! The lodging is comfortable and the location is excellent. It is a 5-minute walk into the West End where there are lots of restaurants and many well-rated dive operations. The cooked breakfasts are a treat. The staff is very nice and very accommodating. But the best aspect of Cocolobo is the manager, Krys. Krys worked night and day to keep us comfortable in the midst of island power outages and generator issues, plus drove us into town frequently to eat, etc. She brought in food during the worst of it. A couple of comments about Roatan overall, in closing: it is rustic and diving is the main event. This was our first time on the island and we will come again, but not during the rainy season!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you Sandra and Bob!!
I know the weather wasn't fabulous to say the least but I did enjoy getting to know you both and hope to see you back down here in the sun!! Maybe a few more dives and even an East end tour :)

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We were very impressed with the rooms, service and view here. Krys personally drove my partner the hospital when she was sick, which was above and beyond expectations. Breakfast is delicious. Location is ideal. Thank you kindly.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Hananable
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you Hans!! I hope you both are enjoying the last leg of your adventure! Hope Katherine is feeling much better!