“Best place to dive in Roatan!!!”
Review of Reef Gliders

Reef Gliders
Ranked #7 of 38 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: If you like… Diving with small groups… Personal service from friendly professional staff… Top quality training from beginner to pro level… Fast well equipped boats… 40 beautiful dive sites nearby… Diving at night or dawn diving. Free rental of regularly maintained equipment… Independantly tested air supply… And a Café Bar with free wifi on-site… Dive with Reef Gliders PADI 5 Star Dive Center on the beach in West End.
Reviewed 23 February 2018

This was our second time diving with Reef Gliders. It is the place to dive in Roatan. Excellent gear, excellent people, and great diving. If you dive in Roatan dive with Reef Gliders.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reefgliders, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you so much for your review. Looking forward to the third time diving with us.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"night dive"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I did my Advanced Open Water with Reef Gliders 3 years ago, and it was awesome to be back. John and Barb run a great shop, where you feel as part of the family almost as soon as you walk in. They are also passionate about reef conservation, and are involved in local initiatives to protect the reef.

They have their own dock and their own boats, and the dive sites are so close that you do your surface interval between dives back in the shop. There's a nice little bar/cafe in the shop, where you can get soft drinks, lunch etc. between dives and a beer or a drink at the end of the day. This is a great place to hang out, share travel stories and talk about today's dives.

What I love the most about this place, is how professional they are. They do not just go through PADI check lists, but do everything they can to make great divers. They have small groups, and several DM/DMT's helping out. This means personal attention, and if someone is low on air they don't have to end the dive for the rest of the group. After the dives they take their time to answer questions and share their knowledge, and I know I am a better diver because of it.

This is a social and fun dive shop, with exceptional customer service. They have large boards with all information about the dives planned for the next week, guides, boats and groups. They are flexible when needed, and will do their best to accommodate everyone. Also they actually rinse your gear, let it dry, put it away for the night and set it up ready to go on the boat in the morning. Wow! And they have lockers available for personal stuff.

I will be back!

Thank you so much for your review. You know we love having you back year after year. The staff really appreciates your review and thanks you as well. Until next time.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I had the most fantastic time getting my Open Water-certification at Reef Gliders. It was by far one of the most rewarding experiences of my life; everyone who worked there made me feel like I was a part of a family, even though I was stubborn as an ox, determined that there was no way in hell I’d find an instructor to trust well enough to the diving with and now that I’ve left I almost feel homesick. Reef Gliders will always have a special place in my heart. I truly recommend this place.

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that the staff got you comfortable enough to complete your Open Water certification and that you enjoyed it so much. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My wife and I dove with Reef Gliders last year and had such a great time that we came back to dive with them again this year. Coming back to Reef Gliders is like coming home to family. John and Barb are such wonderful and informative hosts that it is always a joy to dive with their crew. Conor, our tour guide was witty and informative and our divemasters, Kat and Randy made sure we had a week of fun, safe dives. I have to commend Cap'n Ernie for putting up with Cheryl's bad jokes (sorry brother).
If yo plan on diving on Roatan, I highly suggest that you check out Reef Gliders. You'll be glad you did

1  Thank Michael P
ReefGliders2013, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you so much for your review. As always it's great to see repeat customers back. See you next year.