Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Reviewed 9 September 2018
clayman739
Prince George, British Columbia
via mobile

All reviews c level dive master dive sites dive shop bar and grill fun dives open water diving experience boat captain top notch awesome dive the entire staff night dive days diving owners and staff deep dive well taken care
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I arrived on Roatan in March 2018 and began my search for a dive shop almost immediately. I had several on my list to visit, with Reef Gliders at the top, based on a friend’s previous experience. After my conversation with Mr. John, one of the owners, I had no need to look further. On dive day, I was greeted with genuine smiles and open arms and felt immediately welcomed and included. They were happy to have me and all I had to do was walk in the door. I didn’t have to prove myself, I just had to be myself, and was instantly part of the fam. I’ve been on the island and diving with Reef Gliders since and Mr. John and Ms. Barbara have been a constant source of guidance, support, encouragement, warmth and care from day one. Three boats a day and a group of folks who love you like family...what else do you need?

Reefgliders, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review. It has been an absolute pleasure having you diving with us and becoming part of the Reef Glider family. We hope you come back again to see us in the near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I completed my open water dive certification through Reef Gliders. I was really happy with the whole experience. I did my book work beforehand so did not have to waste time in the classroom on arrival. When it was time to get into the water I was in a small group which was great for learning the skills. My instructor and dive master in training spoke great english (one from USA one local) and they took the time to teach me the skills correctly. The gear was good quality and clean and the boat was safe. I had some great dives both during the course and after completion of my certification. The restaurant served good food and drinks for pre or post dive relaxing.

As my partner already had the ticket they were able to set up fun dives for her while I was completing the course. This schedule worked well as we both started and ended at roughly the same times.

I was happy I chose Reef Gliders, they didn’t cut any corners and provided me with good training and information, had well qualified staff who made sure things were done up to PADI standard and they use up to date equipment. I can recommend this shop.

Reefgliders, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We're very happy you enjoyed your course and hope you continue diving. Hope to see you sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

At my 4 days stay in Roatan, I had an unique experience at Reef Gliders dive shop. John and Barbara were very friendly and clear for instructions. Dive Master Abel has been a very good instructor for my Advanced OWD, and made my experience at Roatan the best!

Reefgliders, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review.

Reef Gliders and the Staff thank you and hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I just got back from my third year diving with Reef Gliders. I love that there is continuity from year to year - seeing the owners (John and Barbara) and some of the staff from previous years. Of course, I really enjoyed meeting some new staff this year (well, new to me - they are also long time Reef Glider divemasters). The dives were terrific - professionally run, but with a fun and friendly approach. The shop has lockers for personal items and a cafe that shares the building so it is just easy to grab coffee, breakfast, lunch or post-dive drinks so it is easy to relax and spend time with the other divers. I'm already planning my next trip down!

Reefgliders, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you so much for your review. As always it's a pleasure having you diving with us and look forward to your next trip.

Reef Gliders and Staff.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We did a ten dive package with Reef Gliders and couldn't have been more pleased. Barbara and John went above and beyond to take care of our every need, and in the end we felt like family. Our dive masters, Ernie and Abel, were professional but fun and provided a great variety of dives which included a night dive, wreck dive, and dives with pass throughs. They also took great care of us and our equipment the entire week. We were very pleased and would highly recommend this dive shop for your diving needs in Roatan!!

Reefgliders, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I did 8 dives with Reef Gliders in the last week of May. Being the terrible planner that I am, I contacted the shop about 3 or 4 days before arrival, but they were still able to accommodate me and even gave suggestions on where to stay. The diving was great - small groups and guides willing to dive "slow" to accommodate me and my camera. We had some bad winds one day, but Reef Gliders got the boat to the other side of the island and drove us over so that we could still get a couple dives in. Will definitely dive with them again if I find myself back in Roatan!

Reefgliders, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We're happy you enjoyed your diving with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

We have been for a week on Roatan and did six dives with reef gliders. Everything was outstanding. Barbara the dive shop owner welcomed us warmly and answered every question we had before we arrived immediately. They offered us a good deal for the dives combined with accommodation. For every day of diving at least two times we got a 10$ voucher per person for the Georphis Hostel close by. The hostel was great as well and we enjoyed our stay. Also the divemaster Abel was outstanding. Very enthusiastic about diving and helpful every second. We definitely can recommend Reef Gliders, especially as the groups were much smaller than on all other diveshops we‘ve seen on the island.

Reefgliders, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure having the both of you diving with us. So glad to hear you had a good time. Hope to see you again soon.

Reef Gliders Management and Staff

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I did the confined portion of my OWD course in DC with plans to meet a friend in Roatan to complete our open water dives, and my local shop recommended Reef Gliders. I'm so glad they did!

Reef Gliders was a great experience from start to finish. Scheduling our course was easy to do via email. They have you pay half as a deposit and then can pay the rest in cash in person. We actually didn't pay the second half until the end, which was great because we could keep our "tab" open as we added more fun dives after being certified. Since we weren't there during a very busy season, it was very easy to look at the whiteboard and decide which fun dives we wanted to add.

Our main instructor was Abel who was great! He explained things thoroughly and we felt very safe. At the same time, he has a great sense of humor and often cracked jokes which made the experience more enjoyable. When we did something wrong he would explain what we should do instead and why it was important, and then have us try again. We also went on a night dive with him which was awesome. A highlight was turning our lights off and seeing the bioluminescent plankton and glowing string of pearls all around. Also seeing a turtle and octopus at night was awesome!

We also did three fun dives with Yvonne who was also great. She did a very thorough pre-dive briefing, showing us where we would be going on the map. She also would go over which animals we saw after the dive so we could log them.

Reefgliders, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you very much for the review. I am very happy to hear you had such a great experience. Exactly what we like to hear. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Thank you for your amazing hospitality and service, incredible attention to detail during our dive, your staff was very helpful during set up and managing our equipment!
Will definitely return next year

Reefgliders, Owner at Reef Gliders, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We are so happy to see all of you year after year. Always happy to hear we are taking care of you and making you feel safe, happy and getting the best dives. See you next year.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

You can not dive with better people in a better place than Reef Gliders in Roatan. Friendly, knowledgeable staff will guide you to beautiful dives and make sure you come home safe. I have been diving here yearly for at least 12 years and won't dive anywhere else. Barbara and John, the owners truly care and make sure that you get the best experience available. Ernie, our dive master this year, is safe, fun and knowledgeable. Dives are tailored to your style. Don't even try anywhere else, you can't do better.

Thank you so much for your review. We love having you all diving with us year after year. So glad you had another good year of diving. We thrive on making our customers feel happy, safe and welcome. Always happy to see your smiling faces.