All reviews sunken fish king crab yoga studio west end octopus tranquil stay eagle ray laid back carambola gardens barrier reef great care small group tropical paradise lion fish great guy small resort family vacation
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I stayed at tranquil seas for just under four weeks this summer and the experience was unlike any other. All of the staff are so welcoming and helpful and I would now consider many of them friends. Many offered to take me to some of the popular tourist destinations and restaurants/bars knowing that I was travelling alone and made me feel part of the family.The rooms are beautiful and each one is unique like the place itself, with much of the furniture being hand crafted, and they were always clean and well presented. The sky deck, although not currently holding regular yoga has a spectacular view and is a fabulous place to relax away from the rest of the hotel.
Seadivers, the hotel diveshop, was also fantastic. They took me from being a complete diving virgin to a confidant open water diver with ease and comfort. They went out of their way to ensure that I could experience a night dive, as I requested, during my time on the island despite my busy schedule, the weather and other factors not in my favour.
Sunken Fish, the hotel restaurant has some of the best food the island has to offer. Chicken melt sandwiches are a highly popular choice but my favourite thing without a doubt was the breakfast bang bang baleada which I had almost everyday. The cocktails are also to die for. most notably the margaritas and the monkey la-las! But beware they are all strong!
All in all the perfect trip. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank alicetorr
tranquilroatan, Front Office Manager at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review, we are happy to know you enjoyed your vacation and that we were able to be a part of it, we will be more than happy to have you as many times as you want and we will try to make it as memorable as the first one.

We miss you here!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Came for yoga but it was not available due to low season. Ennnh so be it.
As soon as I walked under the welcome sign I knew this was worth the tiny drive from where I was staying.
We saddled up to a table and the very kind wait staff were very helpful. The views were outstanding the drinks were beautiful and exceptionally tasty. We ordered a few apps for the table and shared. They were all good but the fries were to die for.
Call ahead if yoga is your thing but if outstanding vistas, drinks and food are high on your priorities list then while in Roatan make this a must for a bite and some drinks. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank colleen t
tranquilroatan, Front Office Manager at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Hi,

Thank you for you kind review, it was a pleasure having you. I really enjoyed helping you and having you here was amazing.

Please keep in mind that for returned guests we apply the 15% discount.

Hope to see you soon!!

Thanks &Regards,
Isabella

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We had a great time relaxing at this resort at Sandy Beach on the west end of the island. We would recommend this resort if you want to get away from crowds and still enjoy the beach and have access to go out on dive trips easily. The dive shop is the first floor of the resort and makes this place exceptional due to convenience and friendly staff.

It is a quiet rustic eco hotel/resort. They focus on conservation of water, etc. there are some power outages there but they supply you with flashlights if needed. There are 7 rooms onsite which allows the staff to get to know their travelers well.

There is a kitchen on site and you can have a food package added if you don't want to venture out and try other places in the area. You can also do an ala carte option. Happy hour is great there.

There are a few places within walking distance but otherwise you would need a car-they do have options to take you out exploring the island-whatever you wish to do the staff will accommodate. That being said its not for every traveler but we really loved it being right on the beach and away from crowds of people. Anthony Keys resort is a 5 min walk down the beach-every time we saw their dive boats they were packed with people and we felt lucky to have found our little gem of a resort and dive shop. Also-bring bug spray-they have sand flies here and access to spray is not on the tables or in the guest rooms as it is at many resorts.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Worldtraveler2112112

Please keep in mind for returned guests we apply 15% discount.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I stayed at Tranquil Seas for 9 days and couldn't have had a happier, more relaxing vacation. I was there to dive so my time mostly revolved around that, but it's a super short taxi ride to West End. Everyone who works at Tranquil Seas, from the reception to the bar/restaurant to the kitchen was incredibly friendly and welcoming. The food was delicious. The rooms and property were beautiful and well-maintained. Zero complaints.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind review, we are happy to know you enjoyed your vacation and that we were able to be a part of it, we hope you come back so we can help you have another amazing vacation as the first one.

Please keep in mind for returned guests we apply 15% discount.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

The staff here was really top-notch: We were greeted immediately upon arriving, by name, and the handyman helped us with our bags as the front desk staff showed us our room. We really appreciated that we were given a loaner cell phone to use to contact the front desk at any hour, and the one time we did call, we were helped immediately (even though it was past normal office hours).
We stayed in the Tree Frog, which was toward the front of the resort, so it wasn't too close to the bustle of the restaurant. Tree Frog had a nice little kitchenette area (sink and coffee maker and dishes, no fridge) and a gorgeous view from the private deck out over the trees to the ocean.
The room was very clean and the shower had great water pressure.
The pool onsite is tiny, and sometimes used for scuba lessons, so you may be sharing it with others in close-quarters. (I also didn't notice any chlorine smell, and it wasn't saltwater, which had me a little unsure about whether it would meet US hygiene standards.)
One thing to note: You'll probably want a car if you're staying here. The restaurant and dive shop are lovely, but there isn't much else walkable. Parking is free and convenient.
The breakfast that is included is delicious--you get to pick from several different options, and each one we tried was very yummy.
Also, if you're looking for an easy activity from the hotel, you can rent snorkel gear and swim a few minutes from the beach to check out the coral.
One final note: Make sure you're looking at the hotel price either per night or per person. On the website, it's noted in many places as "per person," so you may be multiplying that number for your final nightly fee.
I would definitely return if I were in Roatan again.

Room Tip: Tree Frog had good distance from the bustle of the restaurant
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny_in_Palo_Alto
tranquilroatan, Front Office Manager at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hi Thank you for you kind review, it was a pleasure having you and helping you with every little detail so you could have a wonderful vacation. I really enjoyed helping you and having you here was amazing.

Please keep in mind that for returned guests we apply the 15% discount.

Hope to see you soon!!