“Great Trip on Early Bird”

Early Bird Fishing Private Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Marlin, Wahoo, Mahi-Mahi, Snapper, Bonefish, Permit... You Name'em We Catch'em. With over 10 years of operation and a lifetime of fishing in the Bay Islands, Capt. Loren Monterroso will take you on a fishing experience you won't soon forget. Early Bird Fishing offers exclusive deep sea, fly and light-tackle fishing charters. Our local experienced guides and quality equipment make for a great day on the water. Come on, LET'S GO FISHING!
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Last week, after a week of scuba diving in Roatan, we booked a charter with Early Bird. GREAT full day outing. He asked what we wanted, and we said we were open, but wahoo or marlin would be nice. After catching a few small tuna (which made for great bait) and a decent barracuda, we had a hard strike that broke the 80 pound test line, Capt. Loren surmised either a marlin or shark. He turned the bow out and went on the hunt for blue marlin. Within 5 minutes, my 15 year old son who was "up" for the next fish, had the ride of his life. After an hour battle, he brought in a 400 pound, 9 foot long blue marlin. What a thrill! Capt. Loren is big on doing a great release, and took an incredible amount of care to make sure the big guy took the time to get back to "blue" and head down deep. I've been on a lot of charters where the captain just gives a few orders to the deck hand, and it's a long boat ride that's either lucky or not. Capt. Loren is a real pro. He worked as hard as the deck hand, and it made all the difference in the world. He's a real expert, and it paid off for us, and my 15 year old has the fish story of a lifetime. Thanks Loren!

1  Thank MrEd59

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We could not of picked a more beautiful day for fishing!
Loren and his team are spot on! They know the water's of Roatan very well!
We hooked a few and all was good!
You have to go fishing!
Snorkel tours and DIVING available as well.
Just ask!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We enjoyed the waters of Rotaan. We didn't get many hits that day but we did land a few Blackfin Tuna. The captain did all he could to land more fish, but that day they werent biting. He and the deckhand went above and beyond. Thank you for the wonderful experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My 14 year old son is a keen if inexperienced fisherman. He desperately wanted one more shot at deep sea fishing, after unsuccessful trips on prior vacations - zero bites on 3 separate 4 hour trips - so we agreed to book one more trip on our vacation in Roatan. He did some internet research, and based upon the rave reviews about Capt. Loren and Early Bird, hoped and believed this would be the time he would actually get a bite, or at least be entertained by good fishing stories. When we booked the trip he spoke with Cpt Loren on the phone personally and discussed what kind of fishing he was interested in doing. So it was with great excitement that we assembled on the dock at 7am one morning. The boat that came for us was not the Early Bird, neither was it captained by Capt. Loren. We found out later another booking had come in, and we’d been switched without warning or a chance to say ‘no thanks’, to a ‘friend' of the Captains - a nice enough person, but not particularly entertaining. 4 hours of motoring up and down the ocean. No bite. Barely a 5 minute conversation with the "fill in" Capt.

When I got back to shore, I called Capt Loren to express my dissatisfaction. I asked for him for a refund or to make it up in some way. He said he would get back to me after he had checked with his friend who took us out. I never heard again from him. So beware the ‘bait and switch’ if you book with Early Bird - you may not get the crew the positive reviews are about.

4  Thank Andy_Scruton
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My Dad and I had a great day of fishing the flats! They made travel from and back to the cruise terminal super simple. Early Bird's facilities are a tropical paradise. We were catching fish within 15 minutes of launching. What a great day scanning the water for Permit fins. We saw few other boats and had the place to ourselves. We hooked to 15 lb Permit at the same time! I wanted to ditch the rest of the cruise and keep fishing! We are already discussing going back to Early Bird for a week of fishing.