“Great day in Roatan!”

Early Bird Fishing Private Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Marlin, Wahoo, Mahi-Mahi, Snapper, Bonefish, Permit... You Name'em We Catch'em. With over 10 years of operation and a lifetime of fishing in the Bay Islands, Capt. Loren Monterroso will take you on a fishing experience you won't soon forget. Early Bird Fishing offers exclusive deep sea, fly and light-tackle fishing charters. Our local experienced guides and quality equipment make for a great day on the water. Come on, LET'S GO FISHING!
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were in Roatan for only a day on an NCL cruise. We were hoping to see some of the island from a local's perspective and not on a typical cruise ship tour with the masses. We were not disappointed with our decision to book a half day deep sea fishing/ sight seeing tour with Early Bird.

From the very beginning, Christina who helped us with reservations was so friendly and quick to respond to my questions. Booking was really a seamless process and she provided plenty of information so we knew what to expect.

Capt. Loren picked us up at the cruise port terminal on the day or our trip and drove us back to their dock location. We had a great day on the water with him and he took the time to explain lots about the island and fishing its waters. He knew exactly where to take us to relax a bit after fishing and we were able to swim in some of the most beautiful blue waters I've ever seen. I only wish we had more time on Roatan to get to know the island better.

Early Bird is a great activity when visiting Roatan-- definitely check them out!

1  Thank MissMarried

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had only a half day to fish the flats and were put on a variety of species including a very nice bone fish and a big permit! Highly recommend and hope to try the blue water there some day too!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Loren was a very dedicated fishing guide who made my trip to Roatan a great vacation. I went out on two half day trips the first week of Feburary 2014 with early bird private fishing charters. On the first day Loren and Eldon his apprentice helped make fishing dreams come true. They helped me catch two 40 plus inch barracuda and a 56 inch wahoo.A couple of days latter went fishing again with Loren for permit and caught a real trophy of 18 pounds.If you go to ROATAN AND WANT TO FISH YOU SHOULD DEFIANTLY BOOK A TRIP WITH LOREN AND EARLY BIRD PRIVATE FISHING CHARTERS.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Had an awesome time fishing with Loren on the Flats! Booked this fishing trip after my wife reviewed many different fishing options during our cruise (Jan 2014). Went out on a rainy day; however, the fishing was still good. Loren put us on the spot and landed 6 smaller fish and one larger permit.

Had a wicked time! Recommend this to anyone going to Roatan.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband and I went on our first cruise this November - a Carnival cruise with a stop in Roatan. At the last minute my husband booked a fishing trip with Early Bird Charters. We had a lovely day out - the flats were beautiful! We only had two small snappers and a nice sized jack - my husband was hoping for a permit - but it was a great day out nonetheless. Perfect if you want to get away from the masses and the organized excursions of the cruise ship. We would love to go back and spend more time on the island and do some more fishing. Captain Loren took our charter himself - very knowledgeable and a fun guy! Would certainly recommend this company!