“Capt Loren knows his flats!”

Early Bird Fishing Private Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Marlin, Wahoo, Mahi-Mahi, Snapper, Bonefish, Permit... You Name'em We Catch'em. With over 10 years of operation and a lifetime of fishing in the Bay Islands, Capt. Loren Monterroso will take you on a fishing experience you won't soon forget. Early Bird Fishing offers exclusive deep sea, fly and light-tackle fishing charters. Our local experienced guides and quality equipment make for a great day on the water. Come on, LET'S GO FISHING!
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had only a half day to fish the flats and were put on a variety of species including a very nice bone fish and a big permit! Highly recommend and hope to try the blue water there some day too!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Loren was a very dedicated fishing guide who made my trip to Roatan a great vacation. I went out on two half day trips the first week of Feburary 2014 with early bird private fishing charters. On the first day Loren and Eldon his apprentice helped make fishing dreams come true. They helped me catch two 40 plus inch barracuda and a 56 inch wahoo.A couple of days latter went fishing again with Loren for permit and caught a real trophy of 18 pounds.If you go to ROATAN AND WANT TO FISH YOU SHOULD DEFIANTLY BOOK A TRIP WITH LOREN AND EARLY BIRD PRIVATE FISHING CHARTERS.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Had an awesome time fishing with Loren on the Flats! Booked this fishing trip after my wife reviewed many different fishing options during our cruise (Jan 2014). Went out on a rainy day; however, the fishing was still good. Loren put us on the spot and landed 6 smaller fish and one larger permit.

Had a wicked time! Recommend this to anyone going to Roatan.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband and I went on our first cruise this November - a Carnival cruise with a stop in Roatan. At the last minute my husband booked a fishing trip with Early Bird Charters. We had a lovely day out - the flats were beautiful! We only had two small snappers and a nice sized jack - my husband was hoping for a permit - but it was a great day out nonetheless. Perfect if you want to get away from the masses and the organized excursions of the cruise ship. We would love to go back and spend more time on the island and do some more fishing. Captain Loren took our charter himself - very knowledgeable and a fun guy! Would certainly recommend this company!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I arranged with Early Bird to go flats fishing on Roatan on Mar 20, 2013. Early Bird was easy to work with: they responded quickly and we arranged cost and meeting time and place all by email. I told them that this was my first experience with flats fishing and I did not care too much about what I caught; I just wanted try and catch something. I was met just outside of Mahogany Bay and was driven to the boat on the north side of the island. My guide Shawn had us out and away promptly. We spent most of the day seeking bonefish and permit and although we saw some I did not catch any. We were wading less than knee deep and I managed to put my fly six feet in front of a pair of bonefish but they spooked and ran off to Belize or somewhere else far away. We tried several times for permit but whenever we got close to casting range they moved a bit farther away. Frustrating but fun. I did catch one barracuda that was over 2 feet long and one small reef perch like fish. No complaints, Shawn worked hard to put me on fish and we stayed out longer than scheduled trying to connect. If you are going to go: bring a hat, sunscreen, good water shoes and patience. All in all I had a really good time and would try it again.

1  Thank auric08