“Great experience”

Ranch Opunohu Valley
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our 2 hrs ride. I'd suggest to go at 8.00 in the morning as it gets quite hot. Amazing scenery, pineapple fields, green valleys, truly spectacular. Our 6 yrs old child got his own pony which the owner guided throughout the excursion. Our horses were well behaved and we enjoyed every moment. Equipment a bit tired and the horses could do with some more love. We would have liked more information on the valley/plants/nature etc but our guide was not a chatty type. Nevertheless, I truly recpmmend this tour.

All reviews
"information"
"photos"
"moorea"

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Agree with all the reviews about the view. We are beginners. We got two old horses that would rather stop and eat than ride. My saddle was patched with duct tape. Granted we don't really know what we are doing but the riding part was not too enjoyable. Our guide spoke almost no English. Based on what we have heard and read, great place if you have some experience. You can hike the same area for free if you choose not to ride.

1  Thank David_Laurie6
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We enjoyed riding at Ranch Opunohu Valley, the only horse stable on Moorea. They pick up at hotels and we got a free ATV ride to the Ranch and back. Their horses are top notch, in fact very frisky, so if you're a beginner, insist on a quiet horse and warn them you have no experience. The views of the mountains from the valley during the ride are absolutely spectacular. Don't hesitate to ask to stop for photos if they seem to just keep riding on. I'm an experienced rider but I needed both hands to handle my frisky horse so I couldn't take pix unless we paused.
The Ranch didn't reply to advance email or facebook, so we had our hotel arrange our ride; hotels are used to that. Try to reserve two days in advance or at least a day in advance. We liked the 8 am pickup; it was already hot by 10 am so I recommend the 8 am. Reserving through our hotel, they accepted credit cards and we didn't pay until we settled our hotel tab at the end of our stay. Cost is 7,500 CFP per person, well worth it. If weather goes bad have hotel call at 7 am to cancel.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

My husband and I rode here in December 2016. The owner takes great care of his horses and offers a wonderful trip through the valley. The horses were calm. We walked the entire way, as it was very hot. The guide is a local, knows the area, plants, history and is a very interesting individual.

If you are ready for a break from the beach, but love the peace and quiet, this is the way to see some more of Moorea.
This was a first rate experience for us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Everyone says the ATVs are a must do for the islands, I believe this is because of their views. The View where we stopped for pictures on the horse trail ride I'm sure I could rival any of you from the ATV tours and you get the benefit of riding a horse. I am an advanced writer and my husband is a beginner. The guide let me run ahead and take advantage of some of the wide-open areas a little bit. They have English and western saddles. The horses are in good shape. They will pick you up and drop you off at the hotel for free. Everything was absolutely wonderful. The only thing that caused me concern was one of the men gave a kick to the horse's belly to get him to move once. I have never seen that and don't think that is a good thing to do. It did not appear to hurt the horse butt I hope this isn't done and was just a one-off incident. Try and bring a pack you can ride with and put a bottle of water in it. You will be so glad you did.