“Rehana Royal Beach Resort and Staff”

Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this resort, having visited Egypt Sharm El Sheikh once before I now wish I stayed at this resort on both occasions. The rooms are clean, the food is amazing, there are many restraunts so your spoilt for choice and what made my stay was the staff who are super friendly and always make you laugh. The one thing that surely made my stay and made the hotel worth going back to was the Animation team. They made sure everyone was happy, kept the buzz going around the pool and the evening shows were brilliant, something different every night. Also if you have kids than bring them here as seeing how much fun they we're having I wish I was a kid. Special thanks goes to Moataz who is the events manger and his team...... Migo, Dave, Chico and Katya and also the flame throwing DJ Momo. We miss you all and can't wait to come back and see you guys!! Kam.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Welcome to the hotel was really special we had a sunrise cocktail on arrival and then we was taken to our suite by a golf cart and we asked for a ground floor and a sea view and we got exactly that! Room was a good size and a/c was really good keep us chilled, only thing was the service for the room was not very good as they forget toilet paper and the bottle of water daily so rang reception a few times! Pool area : really good sun beds were easy to get hold ove , lots of pools to dip into and the beach was close but the slope down to it was very steep! Main hotel: good and clean. Restaurants: good variety of food and the one visit you get for free to the pay restaurants is amazing excellent food. Staff: very friendly always wanted to do what they could for you ! Except the guys trying to sell you trips they got annoying around the pool area but once you buy a few trips they stop hassling you! Me and my girlfriend had a really good time and met some new friends that will are going to see in a few weeks ! The pier by the beech is great for people that like to snorkle and see lots of different fish! All in all a good trip bar the hassling by the pool and the room cleaner being forget full!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Hello everyone;-) this year, exactly one month ago i was in Rehana Royal and trust me, I had a great time there!The best vacation I had.Not just because of weather. But the service and animation! I don't know how this could look without amazing animators like Dave and Lito who let us have amazing time there.Good food, beautiful hotel, great pools.Animated by the pool were great. I had a great time with the animation team.Dancing, playing volleyball, Belly dance, aqua gym, and many other fun.Animators were playing with us, they asked us how we feel. Led a comedy show - everyday was different, the show was very funny.
Dave was the best animator I love him. He always asked how I feel, he always took us to play. It gave a talk to him about everything. He is a very nice. he loves kids, always playing with them. kids liked it, really he is very responsible for everything. When we were at the disco promised my mom that will look after me and it was so. He was very responsible for me. For me he was the best animator :)
He promised us that we will have the best vacation and it was so. Provided us with a lot of fun.
Also other animators were great.
Unfortunately I was only there a week and when I was leaving I was crying because I did not want to go back. ...I seriously recommend this hotel and people who you can meet there Another thing is food and restaurant...Of corse it was delicious and we had no problems with the stomak. Swimming pools are clean and prepared for people in every age. If you are thinking about visiting Egypt go there, you will not regret

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Aliona A, Manager at Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Amanda!
Warm greetings from Rehana Hotels & Resorts!

First of all let us thank you for choosing our resort as a destination for your vacation and for taking the time to write a review about the wonderful days spent with us.

We value our guests and do our best to meet every needs and make a perfect holiday.
Therefore, it's more pleased when our guests notice and appreciate our efforts.

We will be glad to meet you at our hotel again to show hospitality that surrounds guests Rehana Hotels & Resorts.

Thanks & Best Regards
Customer Care Department
Rehana Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have just returned from a week here with my best mate, and despite having a good week there are several flaws with this hotel that really put a negative spin on our stay.
I'll start with the positives...
1. The staff are absolutely brilliant, whether they're kitchen staff, receptionists, cleaners or the animation team, they are all fantastic and extremely helpful. Especially to the English who they claim to love.
2. The rooms and the grounds are great. Plenty of space in the room, very comfortable and air conditioned to make sleep easy. The grounds at the hotel are stunning, and very well kept. There are pools all over the place, we quite often had a pool all to ourselves.

Now for the negatives...
1. The food is quite simply the worst food I have ever encountered on a holiday and for this reason I wouldn't return unless it improves. It is boring, repetitive and we found the food to often be poorly cooked and sometimes undercooked. We were both ill on the second night due to the kebabs and as a result didn't eat meat again. The only positive is that Marco, one of the kitchen staff offered to cook us pasta every night which was at least something. The two A La Carte restaurants are variable, the oriental was basically the same food from the main restaurant but served to you. The second was the Italian, this was better and a nice 4 course meal but still nothing that screamed 5 star cuisine.
2. The hotel was 85% Russian based when we went and apparently this isn't unusual. I have nothing against this except from the fact they are the rudest, obnoxious people I've ever encountered. It made me and my friend feel very uncomfortable throughout our stay. They don't say thank you, and there's a good reason that the staff prefer the English. Just as one example, during the evening entertainment several of them would get on stage and interrupt the performance. We couldn't believe what we were seeing.
3. The evening entertainment, despite the best efforts of the fantastic animation team, is truly awful. It's that bad that all you can do is laugh at it really. The animation team are wonderful though, helpful, friendly and they even came to Pacha with us which is a must in my opinion. The entertainment could really do with being better as there is very little else to do in the area.

Bits of advice...
If you're interested in diving, go with Pyramids on the beach. Had the most incredible day diving with them and can't fault the day.
If you want to go quad biking, go with the guys on the beach and not the reps. It was like being on the M25 with the amount of bikes out there.
Take a trip to Na'ama bay, it is well worth a visit!
Union Jack Bar is just down the road and great if you want some English company.
Take a mix of English and Egyptian money as they love English money out there and it often works out cheaper paying with British pounds.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank ben_magnus
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Just returned from the Rehana for a 1 week break.

If you want a cheap holiday with:
- Good weather
- Nice large clean hotel, albeit the rooms are a liitle tired but a good size with air con, fridge, tea and coffee
- mainly very friendly staff who love the English and can't do enough to help
- 2 good specialty restaurants which are included in the price once per stay, maybe here seemed better than they are because the other food is so bad!
- hotel entertainment which is that poor it is great for a laugh
- lovely warm sea with fish round your feet

However with the above you will also have to suffer:
- the most awful, indelible food in the main restaurant I have ever seen or had to endure in my life
- a member of beach staff who is too forceful with his sales technique, is rude and tries to rip you off
- the rudeness of the hotel guests who as stated in previous reviews are mainly Russian, we met one other English guest during the whole week!
- the alcohol which seems to have nil alcohol content but is like paint stripper
- the cleaner knocking your door at strange times for nothing

So, all in all if you want to go on a food and alcohol diet in a nice hotel surrounding and great weather, this is the place for you.

If you get stuck, turn right out of the hotel, take a 10 min walk to the union jack pub for good booze and food.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank anniewphoto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
0.2 km away
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
3.7 km away
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#90 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
1.1 km away
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
#3 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK