“Family trip”

Cocina al Tiesto y Parrillas
Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Riobamba
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 35
Description: Our success is Luigi an International Chef and Owner who worked in many restaurants in North, Central and Sud America. In Europe sharing experience with award-wining chefs such as Pedro Subijana in San Sebastian, Spain. currently three Michelin stars. bringing gourmet cooking to Riobamba in 1996, ever since being the chosen restaurant for celebrities, politician and business men and woman that every week enjoy a good meal made fresh with excellent products. Our native ecuadorian cuicine using organic vegetables. Potatoes in extinction like Oca, mashuas, or the new and exotic fruits as babaco, uvillas, and araza. The use of native herbs as paico, jengibre, yuca, maito leaves and more. Existing seafood only in Galapagos as a witch fish, lobster and chinese prawns. Everything mentioned makes our gourmet a delight for every palate.
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I was so excited to finally try meet the chef and try out his food, since my dad is the chef's friend an he could not stop bragging his food. When I finally met Luigui the chef he was a excellent person. The way he treats the customers and friends. I mean he is the kind of person that could seat and talk to you for hours. If anybody reads this I strongly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Food was extraordinary and service amazing, the best place in Riobamba, “bandeja de Mariscos” was delicious

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We visited with my family and order the “Tiesto de Mariscos” and “Parillada” it was delicious. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Definitely will come back.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Being born in Riobamba, when I came visiting for the weekend I was excited to try this "nice restaurant" nice indeed, the location has a charm to it, clean, nice ambiance, but boy do they lack in CUSTOMER SERVICE, to begin with they are not a kids friendly place, no chair for a toddler, no kids menu, and no intentions to create a quick meal for the little ones.

Despite this inconvenience we decided to stay, we first asked for natural juices, and they didn't have any fruit available....in Ecuador? Where there is abundance of fruit!! Then we ordered the tiesto mar y Tierra dish, which was no doubt good, but not excellent for $35 and it took around 1 whole hour to be served!!

Drinks (water and soda) took 20 minutes after we ordered, the table didn't have napkins, when we asked for it, the waitress said in a careless way that they are being washed..... can we have paper napkins then??? Sure .....took another 10 minutes to get them! The food came after a long hour and there is no plates for us to start our meal!!

CLEARLY THEY DONT TRAIN THEIR WAITING STUFF! But we still had to pay 10 %of service at the end, ironic

Won't be back

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant could be a surprise or a fiasco depends on how lucky you are.

Lets begin with the facilities: a kind of castle under expansion - construction at the moment. It is big but w/ few parking lots.

Food: went for lunch late, hungry for a salad and something else but they didn't have any salad available.

I have a very sensitive stomach to sauces and spice so I needed to ask the sauce served apart. One of the waiters told me from the beginning that it was an impossible request because the chef refuses to serve dishes w/o sauces.

Anyway, asked for the first salad of my choice: order accepted. 5 minutes later waiter said it wasn't available. Same think happened w/ other choices.

My sense tells me that the chef simply denied to serve us any salad because of my initial request.

Finally we order : 1 sprite, 1 beer one fish croquette (very good in taste w/ a kind of Asian ginger sauce) . Total : $12.62

Service definitely could improve.

☆☆ Prices high for local standard☆☆ Try hotels around better prices and good choices too.