“A relaxed yet refined, romantic dinner ”
Review of Barba Danilo

Barba Danilo
Ranked #2 of 205 Restaurants in Rovinj
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 106
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We have 24 seats, we work only for dinner, we have a really small menu, we are slow and we work only with reservation... please check our website for more info, thank You
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Had a beautiful evening with delicious food, excellent presentation and exceptional service. Suzanne was totally delightful and an asset to the restaurant. Would highly recommend a visit during your holiday in Rovinj.

1  Thank Paula P

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We were served by Sandi himself; that man has knowledge, finesse and humor!

The food was outstanding, with an eye for even the finest details. All as fresh as you could wish for - it's always a good sign if a, self respecting cook and restaurant, run out of some dishes; this means they only use fresh prodgies. The wine recommendations were spot on.

Our experience was so good that we immediately booked for the weekend to come again!

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We were a bit disappointed, in Croatia in general, by the low number of restaurants offering really "cooked" food other than fried/grilled stuff, so Barba Danilo really stands out in our vacation as one of the few places where you can eat something you wish you could replicate at home. All courses had personality and none of the top quality ingredients were randomly assembled - the few deviations from the norm all had their reason to be there (I loved the pomegranate in the venison raviolo) and the dishes are both refined and hearty (you could eat the octopus with zucchini and tomato in any trattoria in Italy, I mean it as a compliment). It's probably on the upper price range in the region but, for once, definitely worth it. The slight downside is that it might be a bit too formal for a family with small kids.

2  Thank Lorenzo R
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Best restaurant in rovinj and beyond rovinj hands down. The chef is a God. The flavours he/she has created are amazing the taste lingers in your mouth and you seriously want more and more. Service is wonderful our waiter loved his job and it showed also he knew his food which was great. I seriously an still thinking of the place since last night!!

Reviewed 28 August 2016

We came here for dinner at the end of August to celebrate my birthday. I have chosen this place based on reviews here and I was most definitely not disappointed. This place is just absolutely impeccable and one of the best restaurants I have been to! From the moment we arrived, we felt very welcomed. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable; he helped us to choose our drinks, as we wanted to try some local sparkling wine, and my main which I was very pleased with when it turned up. The staff in this place is fantastic, very friendly and polite. You can see that they all enjoy doing what they do and that really shows in the service. The food is a whole other story and an experience in itself! All the dishes we had were absolutely divine, from melt in your mouth tuna tartar with a warm crispy toast to an utterly delicious and indulgent tiramisu. All the ingredients were very high quality and cooked perfectly, very inventive preparation and beautiful presentation. The menu has just the right amount of dishes to choose from but not overwhelming and it's a real shame we did not have enough time to try everything on the menu. I would like to say a massive thank you to all the staff at Barba Danilo for such a great evening and amazing dining experience, I had fantastic birthday dinner and will most definitely be back when I am in Rovinj again. Give this place a try; it’s not one to be missed!