“No credit cards and expensive water”
Review of Marinero

Marinero
Ranked #68 of 188 Restaurants in Rovinj
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tel +385/52/830-917https://it.foursquare.com/v/trattoria-marinero/4e7ce391d22d4127c28dfb6d
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Food ok and courtyard different. However no credit card accepted and nothing to let you know before you order. No tap water, £5 for small bottle water!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Ate here with my family. Drinks came quickly, but the aperol spritz we ordered tasted like it contained no prosecco at all.

We ordered the grilled gilthead on the waiter's recommendation. The kids asked for pizza. The pizzas came after 15 minutes, but it took another 40 minutes before the fish came. The waiter offered no real apology, but said that the kitchen was busy. I really didn't expect that something the waiter recommends takes nearly an hour.

When I asked for the check, they said that they only accepted cash, no credit cards. This is a rather expensive place, so not accepting credit cards came as a shock to me. I had to run out to the nearest ATM to get some cash at the end of the meal.

Seriously, who does not accept credit cards in 2017?!? In a tourist town?!?

The only thing that keeps me from rating this as a one-star place is the food. The grilled gilthead was quite OK. Not outstanding, but good enough.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We ate here twice and sat in the (quite well hidden) courtyard at the back of the restaurant where there is a large aquarium all along one wall. The waiter was very efficient and pleasant and we enjoyed our meals both times.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

At the beginning of the pedestrian road this restaurant looks like a pub.
We appreciate a lot you can eat "en plein air" whatever you want.
The octopussy salad, even is not my favourite dish, was delicious and also the istrian cheese and ham were good.
Of course this is not a five stars restaurant but if you are in Rovinj it deserves a visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

The Marinero is tucked up a back street one back from the Marina.
From the outside it looks like just ten tables outside, but the inside of the Restuarant was massive.
It was very quiet when we visited, so we could literally choose any table we wanted.
The waiter was very nice and polite and answered any question you had on the menu.
We had the chicken and the lamb dishs, both were well cooked and very tasty indeed.
I am sure it will be busy during the season, but I was glad that we had the place nearly to ourselves.
Great service.