“Great place! ”
Review of Bookeria

Bookeria
Ranked #23 of 207 Restaurants in Rovinj
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We had dinner there. The atmosphere is very nice and somehow romantic.
Food is just amazing! I had one of the best tuna steak of my life! The offer is quite different from the restaurants around and it's not too expensive (more or less the same money you would spend in the area).
I would definitely go back! We didn't have a reservation but I would suggest to make one.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Eat here twice and had excellent food. Roast beef fillet and lamb special were superb. Save room for a sweet as the bowls were very different. Book in advance.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Most tourists always go for the restaurants on the riva, which is usually a big mistake because the food in those restaurants is beyond average and rather boring (pizzas, calamari, spaghetti etc). Bookiera is a little farther than the riva which is why it is probably overlooked but it offers really good quality food, seafood made in interesting ways and good beef. I had "tuna libre", a tuna fillet with avocado sauce, tomato and cooked in Rum. It was a really big slice of tuna with tender pink flesh. Maybe there are some sidedish missing from the plate, but on the other hand, the tuna steak was so big I was completely full. On the other hand, my boyfriend had beef that was very delicious but a bit too small of a portion. So perhaps some portion size balance is needed. For appetizer we tried bruschette with avocado and shrimp, it was delicious. Chia pudding for dessert was a total win. It is not cheap but not overpriced either and they offer some hamburgers as well for a low good price.

1  Thank 946marijav
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Bookeria is close to all the not so great restaurants of Rovinj but stands out from the crowd by a long way. The restaurant only opened this year but I am sure will be open for a long time to come. A very nice setting, with all seating outside. The food is fresh, imaginative and well executed and delivered with friendly service. We shared a wonderful beef carpaccio to begin with that was delicate and flavoursome. This was followed by a perfectly cooked tuna "libre" that was marinated in Havana Club and worked really well, as well as the special Amberjack (a fish we aren't familiar with but it was tasty and, again, cooked to perfection. Accompanied by Mediterranean potatoes (nice roasties!). We were too full for dessert. Also catered very well for our young children with freshly made pasta and meatballs.
Drinks list is interesting with some nice local wines and beers that are not the same old stuff you get elsewhere in Rovinj. We will no doubt be returning before leaving the area. An all round great offering.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I've been eating here several times. The dishes were excellent, fresh, tasty and nicely served. I have only words of praise for this place and warmly recommend it.

Date of visit: July 2017