“Bad night!”

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Porec
Italy
“Bad night!”
Reviewed 24 April 2007

Stayed over for one night during easter.

I was awake until 3am with all the noise from the nightclub below....the bed was so hard when i awoke the following morning i felt like i had been sleeping on a bed of rocks!
As a result of that my back was sore for some days following.

Breakfast, well what a suprise. i went down at just before 9am, there was nothing left to eat unless you like apples for breakfast and a few croissants....I was amused as I watched others arrive and proceed to do as i did and walk around the buffet, and around again looking for 'something' to eat! Same looks, same faces....Ahh....

As for the coffeee I passed and took a juice, then went up to the square where i thouroughly enjoyed my coffee.

Definitely would not reccomend this Hotel, unless you are a 20 something and don't mind partying all night downstairs, and don't get up for breakfast!!

The high light of my day was the great 'Western style' shop called boja lifestyle...it has apparently moved and now in the main street called Boze Milanovic. The shop is amazing and really suprised me, staff were so friendly and everything was beautiful !! I am definitely going to reccomend this shop. Easy, no pressure and plenty of reasons to go back!

Overall, loved Porec, expect for the Hotel.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Hudson1Italy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 September 2006

We stayed in the hotel porec in early july, on our way down the croatian coast. initially, we hadn't planned to stay over in porec, but i wasn't feeling well, so we ended up there. we had rented a car at europcar (note: very expensive in high season) which is in the lobby of the hotel porec, and then when i got sick, i couldn't leave. they asked me to wait one hour for a room to be ready, and then when we got to the room it had "disinfected" signs all over everything. the room was standard, generally clean but smelled a bit musty. it would have to do.

the next morning when we woke up it was pouring outside, so much so that the streets were flooded. they said that their credit card machine was broken and that we had to pay cash, and they asked me, after knowing i had been sick, to walk outside in the pouring rain and take out money to pay them. i offered to leave them my credit card number or a copy of my credit card to bill me when the machine turned back on, and they refused.

at the same time, they said the rate that they had initially quoted me was actually the per person rate not the room rate - which is fine but tell me up front rather than trying to hide it.

generally, the service at this place was the worst we've had and we've been traveling for over 3 months now, staying in different hotels every night. so we now what good service is like. i didn't expect anything fancy given the look of this place but the service was even worse.

3 Thank walkaboutnyc

Travellers are raving about these Porec hotels