“Very disappointed and OVERPRICED”
Review of Lucullus

Lucullus
Ranked #25 of 162 Restaurants in Hvar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the same building as the Hotel Villa Nora (hotel in Hvar, Croatia).
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by our concierge at the Amfora. Upon arrival, the restaurant was empty, the lights were extremely bright white and the first table we were seated at was extremely and apparently dirty. We moved to the next table which was also dirty with hairs and crumbs. They only offer one red wine and one white wine by the glass and the menu is extremely limited. We were ready to leave but decided to stay and order a pasta dish which stated on the menu was pasta with scallops. The dish came in heavy white tasteless creamy milk sauces with tiny scallops and clams. When I asked the waitress where the scallops were she pointed to the tiny scallops and tried to convince me the scallops were clams. The pasta itself was good but the sauce was nothing more then heavy cream and salt. We ordered 4 glasses of wine which were half pours. All in all for one pasta dish, 4 glasses of wine and water we paid $60! Complete waste of time and money. The service was also subpar. We went to Giaxa down the road and were extremely happy with our meal and ambiance skip Lucullus.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The 'aged ribeye' was about the thickness of my index finger and completely tasteless. It was not aged for more than a couple of days. Please do not expect steakhouse quality here. Ordered medium, it came out very well done. Reminded me of the cheap meat cut used in schnitzels which would need to be tenderised. My wife enjoyed a seafood pasta which was OK, but did not reflect the price. The ribeye is 220 kunas (£27) which was a joke for the end product.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We ate in Lucullus on a whim and so glad we did. Beautiful, high quality food and wine. Staff were polite and welcoming and the court yard setting was most attractive. It is certainly a restaurant we will return to when we revisit Hvar.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely setting in a small courtyard. I ordered the Tuna steak which was so well cooked and absolutely delicious-local fine dining. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would visit again.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Excellent service, lovely terrace and one of the best beef steak I have ever had in my life. Superb choice of top Croatian wines. I would come back here for sure! Do not miss it!