“Awful steak. Tourist trap”
Review of Lucullus

Lucullus
Ranked #42 of 144 Restaurants in Hvar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the same building as the Hotel Villa Nora (hotel in Hvar, Croatia).
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The 'aged ribeye' was about the thickness of my index finger and completely tasteless. It was not aged for more than a couple of days. Please do not expect steakhouse quality here. Ordered medium, it came out very well done. Reminded me of the cheap meat cut used in schnitzels which would need to be tenderised. My wife enjoyed a seafood pasta which was OK, but did not reflect the price. The ribeye is 220 kunas (£27) which was a joke for the end product.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We ate in Lucullus on a whim and so glad we did. Beautiful, high quality food and wine. Staff were polite and welcoming and the court yard setting was most attractive. It is certainly a restaurant we will return to when we revisit Hvar.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely setting in a small courtyard. I ordered the Tuna steak which was so well cooked and absolutely delicious-local fine dining. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would visit again.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Excellent service, lovely terrace and one of the best beef steak I have ever had in my life. Superb choice of top Croatian wines. I would come back here for sure! Do not miss it!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We had dinner on Monday, 8/7/17, at the restaurant. The food was delicious, service excellent, good wine recommendation, pretty courtyard and our server was very nice and gracious. A real gem.