We had a wonderfull time at Hvar thanks to Biba. She was very friendly ( just like the daughter) they treated us like we were family. It was a nice apartment with a beautiful vieuw at the ocean. Everything was clean and the vieuw from the bedroom was amazing. When we go back to hvar it will be definitly be at this family. Me and my girlfriend l want to thank the family for the good care. She was so friendly to send me the boat schedule before we arrive.
We spent 3 days in Hvar, and in the "Lavender Apartment" on the top-level of Biba's home. It was 12 minutes walk from central Hvar, and up on the hill in the Zastup area. The apartment was nothing fancy, but was a 2 bedroom unit with well-equipped kitchen, and range. Wi-fi advertised, but not available to us in this apartment. But everything was made worthwhile with the killer view of the Adriatic Sea. Bring your own shampoo and soap. Beautiful patio garden!
Biba and her daughter were super-friendly, and they had 3 schnauzers.
My husband enjoyed renting a scooter and riding around the island. Visit Starigrad while you are there also!
We really enjoyed our stay at Apartments Biba. Biserka and her daughter were incredibly helpful and friendly, they sorted out a boat that we could rent for the day and take out to the beautiful Pakleni islands and they were always available. The apartment itself was nice and roomy with two rooms for four people and we had a great balcony overlooking the sea, and only 10 minutes walk from the main Hvar town and port.
I'd definitely stay there again if I go back to Hvar - and having stayed in several other apartments in the islands and Split during our visit, Biserka was certainly the friendliest and most helpful owner we met.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Apartment Biba. It was recommended to me by a friend and surpassed our expectations. Biba/Biserka picked us up from the bus station and she and her daughter were very friendly and helpful in answering any queries we had during our stay there. They did respect our privacy though and left us alone to enjoy our holiday.
The location was perfect - a 10 minute walk into town - just far enough to be away from the noise at night, yet enough to get a lovely view and appreciate your surroundings whilst walking in and out of town. It's also worth mentioning that the apartment is on the "right" side of Hvar: west, where all the good swimming and beach bars are. The supermarket is right across the road and has everything you need. The view from the large terrace was amazing and we ate all of our meals out there - I'm missing it already! The rooms were simply and elegantly furnished and gave the apartment a nice beachy feel. The apartment was well equipped overall with a big fridge and freezer and good quality furniture and utensils.
We enjoyed Hvar immensely and had some excellent meals at Pessarolo, Dalmatino and Zori on nearby Palmizana island. We also enjoyed the sunsets at beachside bars Hula Hula Cafe and Falko Cafe. The snorkelling and swimming was great, but beware of the rocks! We hired a small boat for a day and pottered around Palmizana and some of the other Peklani islands, which was great.
The only reason I've given it 4 stars instead of 5 is that it didn't have a washing machine and the kitchen had a rather strange layout - lots of open space yet no living room or couch. It was fine for us as we spent all of our time outside, but might be an issue for families with kids. Also, we had to walk from the kitchen through the bedrooms carrying plates of food to access the terrace. I feel a kitchen that opens onto the terrace would make more sense. That's just a minor quibble, however, and I would highly recommend Apartment Biba! Hope to return some day to the magical Hvar!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|
We stayed in one of the first floor apartments for a week at the end of September. As it was a late booking just out of season and only two of us, Biserka gave us a reduced rate which was amazing value. She was incredibly helpful via email ahead of our trip, asking all our questions very promptly. She and her family were also very helpful and friendly during our stay, advising us on local walks etc.
The apartments are all well-kept and clean. Ours had a small living room but the luxury of two terraces- one in the sun and one large covered one (good if very hot or if it rains), both with amazing sea-views. The kitchen was basic but had a hob and enough utensils etc- breakfast on the terrace each morning was great. Bathroom was fine, decent shower but no bath. Bedrooms were a decent size with large beds and enough storage space. Air-con and wireless also both reliable.
The location of the apartment was perfect for us as it was just far enough out of town to avoid the late-night noise but only about a ten minute walk in, either via nice seafront or a raised path giving great views of the town. It was also close to the dive centre and a couple of little bays where you can hire sunbeds.
We actually stayed here whilst our friends stayed at the nearby Amfora hotel and whilst theirs might have been more luxurious, we were able to pay to use their pool and for a third of the price that they paid for their room, we had our own space and a sea-view terrace so were very happy with our choice.
In terms of things to do in Hvar and around, we enjoyed:
1) Walking up to the fort and watching the sunset.
2) Hula Hula bar also nice for sunset- v near apartment and known as a party bar but fairly chilled vibe.
3) Boat to Palmizana beach for the day- beautiful but not that many sunbeds so we were grateful it was not peak-season.
4) Diving at Dive Viking- friendly and organised team, reasonable prices. Visibility was excellent and saw a few things eg starfish, octopus, moray eels, but nothing spectacular- Croatia not famous for its diving.
5) Walk along the coast East to Milna- about 8k walk but beautiful and via two or three idyllic and secluded bays you could stop at. Milna is also a small bay with 3 restaurants- lovely setting for lunch. Shorter walk back inland about 4k.
5) Dubovika beach- further along from Milna so need a car/bus/taxi but beautiful and secluded. No sunbeds to be seen so take something soft as all beaches are pebbled. Great snorkelling.
6) Hire a car for a day and drive around the island- they have some great little VW Beetles of different colours, about £50 so not cheap but worth it- Vrboska and Jelsa are worth a visit for nice lunches by estuary/sea.
7) 40 minute walk from Hvar town up to the observatory for amazing views over the town, coast and Pakleni islands.
8) Dalmatino restaurant- chose it as it was no. 1 on trip advisor and you can see why- the reviews are accurate. A great experience at a reasonable price (about £40/head for three courses, lots of wine, water, bread and tip). You need to book or be prepared to wait a long time for a table.
9) Evening drink on the terrace of the Adriana hotel, overlooking the old town bay.