“very good ambient, super kind staff”
Review of Konoba Bonaca

Konoba Bonaca
Ranked #39 of 162 Restaurants in Hvar
Cuisines: Croatian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our family has been in the culinary business for many years. We can proudly state that we were among the first restaurant businesses in Hvar in the 70s and during the last century. A rich palate of Mediterranean specialties and a wine chart will thrill even the most demanding gourmet. A lot of our dishes are recognized as Croatian gastronomic jewels and numerous rewards acknowledge this.
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We ate a Ribea corba and drank classical white wine from Hvar... delicious dish and tasteful wine, location is very good for tourists, the restaurant is clean and has decent toalettes.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Ate at another place but saw this one and returned later in trip to Konoba Bonaca. Sits just above the ferry office with another konoba directly fronting the water. Ate here while waiting for our scheduled ferry. Very nice, very attentive service. Great food. Started with a tuna pate. Followed by gauzpacho and pasta (proscutto and truffles), spouse had shrimp risotto. Food very hot, not over-cooked. Reasonable prices for Hvar and good service. Suggest you try either coming, going or checking on ferry. Set off enough to watch the far shore and boats but not the near shore/pier/people. Enjoy!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Superb service...very nice food, steak was extremely good Quality and well cooked.
Visited with my fiance, they gave us a free taster to start (homeade pate and bread) and also a free taster dessert (panacota)
We had the mixed meat grill for two, I would recommend if your after good value food with great portions.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I've been here twice with my girl in a recent week, once we had a shark and the other time local specialty "pašticada", both meals were delicious. The service is also great and the prices seemed reasonable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and myself were passing through the small streets in Hvar searching for something new and special.I never before was in that part of town,but I had a good feeling that I'll find some nice place for dinner.There was a guy in front of restaurant who explained everything to us in few words and we came in.They have a nice terrace with a beautiful view on the harbour and the fortress above the town.We let our waiter to pick some food and wine for us and it wasn't a mistake.I ate a beefsteak cake filled with mozzarela and dried tomatoes and with shrimp sauce over it and it was something amazing.My wife took a nice dentex which was very fresh and really tasty.The vegetables come from their garden.The wine that our waiter brought to us absolutly fitts with the food.That guy was really attentive to us and we had an amazing time here.We must come again to try some other dishes because everything looks good here.Highly recomended to everyone.Thanks Johnnie for being so kindly to us.Have a good season.