US$ 446
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 440
US$ 276
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 326/night.

US$ 128
Orbitz.com
US$ 373
US$ 345
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 395/night.

Hostel Villa Zorana(Hvar)(Great Value!)
US$ 191
US$ 82
Hostelworld.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreat atmospherenightly pub crawlsplace to staycommon areasbeautiful islandvisit hvarlukashostelcroatiadormbackpackersboatbeachesportsupermarketpartying
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This was our second stay with Luka as we were impressed when we visited two years previously. This time was even more impressive and far exceeded our high expectations for the following reasons:

1. We got off the boat at Stari Grad and by coincidence, Luka was waiting on the pier to collect other people who were staying at the lodge that night. Even though he was totally unprepared for this meeting, without any hesitation he offered us a free ride from Stari Grad to the hostel (20km away in Hvar Town) and took it all in his stride despite our arrival making the car quite full. Highly unlikely that every hostel would do such a thing and saved us a lot of trouble and money trying to look for local buses/taxi to connect to Hvar Town!

2. As we were staying at the lodge for three nights, we were treated to a new apartment that had air con, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, table and a balcony. Incredible value for money. (P.S. Luka had no recollection of meeting us 2 years previous and so please note this was not a kind gesture due to a previous friendship). Also, I can confirm following the scandalous review I've seen on tripadvisor previously that the rooms were VERY CLEAN and the bed bugs concern was obviously an isolated incident totally against what I've seen over two seperate stays with Luka.

3. What makes this Lodge such an excellent place to stay is the fact it is so much more than a room. From the moment we arrived, we were welcomed by Dylan (a fellow traveller who is working at the lodge to assist) and Dylan gave us a 10 min talk explaining the best of Hvar based on local knowledge and his own experiences after 2 and a half months stay on the island. Through this we were able to pick up local tips such as Hula Hula (the best sunset bar in Croatia), Lungo Mare (a croatian restaurant the locals go to which did the best sea bass I've ever tasted) and the various nightlife available to travellers. All of this was doubled up with a strong spirit within the lodge, where guests were encouraged to stay for dinner, integrate and have drinks before going out to enjoy an evening in the town.

4. Most impressive for us was Luka helping with our onward journey from Hvar. We had to move on to Bol and ferry information was sketchy. With one phone call Luka was able to advise we could get a local excursion boat at a reduced price the following morning, and the 7am bus would get us to the departure point. All went seamlessly and for only 70kn which was a massive relief stress-wise and financially as we had resigned ourselves to the 6:45am local catamaran and a 300kn taxi across the island to make the connection. Little things like this make all the difference when on a holiday!

So overall, a terrific stay. To me what makes this place 'the best of the best' is the fact it's a beautiful balance between a lodge and a hostel tastefully appealing to both types of traveller (I'm 28 and far from the hedonistic student type of old). This is brilliantly combined with the personality of Luka/Dylan who take the role of local 'fixers' and subsequently add significant value and enjoyment to your stay on Hvar. One final point, is that contrary to a few reviews, Luka and the team are NOT financially opportuntistic, and that I actually saved a lot of money thanks to their help. Brilliant place to stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but lodge maybe unsuitable for people just wanting a room as the total experience is so much more.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phill H
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed here as a solo traveller for four nights -- only planned on staying two, but it was so excellent that I had to stay a couple more nights! Luka picked me up from the dock so I had no trouble finding the hostel, and once we were there his helper did an excellent (and thorough!) job of explaining Hvar and all the best spots to me.
The dorm room was spacious and the AC worked flawlessly, we had our own bathroom which was always clean contrary to what some other reviews have stated. They have excellent lockers which can store my entire backpack which was an added bonus. One night Luka held a barbecue of amazing local fish and fresh salads, with bottomless wine :-)
Every night Luka's helper takes people out to a local bar and works constantly to make sure that everyone always has drinks, he gets special deals which he shares with you. It really formed a strong bond between the people in the hostel who went -- we ended up travelling all over the island together, and that's one of the reasons I stayed some extra nights.
Luka sells beer and wine which saved me one night during a particularly epic game of beer pong. He also allows you to bring your own drinks in, something that a few hostels haven't let me do. Don't forget to ask him to let you try his homemade grappa ;-)
Overall an amazing time; great staff, Luka's a top class guy, the hostel is clean and comfortable, and the experience is well worth it. If I ever come back to Hvar you can be assured that I'll be staying with Luka again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank eurotraveller23
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My friend and I decided to stay here after reading about it in several guide books and we were not disappointed. The directions to the lodge were easy to follow and Luka was waiting on the porch for us when we arrived. He was extremely friendly and gave a list of places to go on the island. Every morning we would go up and have coffee with Luka and talk about where we were going to go. We loved the stay so much that we ended up canceling our reservations in Split and stayed in Hvar an extra night. I recommend staying at Luka's Lodge for a good location and a great time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights in August. Overall, we had a very positive experience, and I would recommend the hostel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced well located room on Hvar.

Pros:
- Good location. Just a 5 minute walk to town centre/harbour
- Very friendly staff. Luka was wonderful and seemed to really care about his guests. There was also a good introduction to the island (by the staff) using a map when we first arrived
- Free Wifi
- Good hostel activities. Every night a group from the hostel gets together and goes down to a local bar where you get a free shot and a discount on drinks.

Cons:
- Room was quite basic. The shower was small and flooded the bathroom

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I felt the need to write this in response to the post below regarding the bed bugs stay. We stayed in the exact room with bed bugs the night after the below review, which was the first night of our stay in Hvar, but Luka and his team could not have handled the situation better after discovering the issue.

He refunded our stay, found us alternative accommodation, washed and treated all of our clothes and luggage, as well as treating the room in question and replacing the mattress. He could not have done more the resolve the situation and was genuinely disappointed that he didn't know about the previous couple's issue until they posted on Tripadvisor as he didn't have the opportunity to help them.

During 10 months that I previously spent travelling I have never met a hostel owner as dedicated and contentious as Luka: he was constantly helping all of the guests with lifts and directions. Whilst we were they he and the team also ran a couple of really successful BBQ's and nights out for the guests.

As for the hostel itself, it's in a quiet location but just a 5 min walk to the main harbour in Hvar and all the bars and restaurants. The rooms are basic but functional and the place has a great atmosphere, location and support team.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple