All reviews boutique hotel the hotel manager floor heating tiger leaping gorge tea room lovely hotel us feel at home tibetan style old town rooms are spacious i highly recommend this hotel hot pot two nights small hotel a great stay ricky yak
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The staff were extremely helpful and compassionate. When I came down with severe food poisoning at a nearby restaurant (not the hotel's restaurant, which I do recommend), the staff drove me to the Lijiang Hospital and helped me check in. They also called the airlines several times on my behalf when my checked bag didn't arrive (it finally did arrive – four days later!). The hotel itself is quiet, relaxing, charming and interesting. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doug H
Tsomo T, 总经理 at Arro Khampa by Zinc Journey Lijiang, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Doug :
Sorry to take so long for me to reply your comments . wish you felt better after you get back to home . we felt so sorry for your trip that you got sick and wish we will have chance to see each other again in future and i will only let you eat in our hotel . O(∩_∩)O~ O(∩_∩)O~ 。

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

A very nice hotel just outside the old quarter of Shuhe. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly.
The rooms are spacious and the location makes it easy to get to the old quarter.
They have some pleasant sitting areas, like The outside cafe.
The staff will go out of their way to help you As did the manager, Tsomo. We had a Guangzhou hotel problem which she solved.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ZiadR
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights with my family in Arro Khampa and we had a fantastic time here. Lovely staff, excellent food and very nice hotel.
We had some issues with a lost luggage at the airport and they were very helpful to try solving this issue.
I highly recommend this hotel if you happen to visit Lijiang.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is about a 20 minute drive from Lijiang old town very close to Shuhe old town. It’s quaint and the entrance is tucked away in an alley so it’s a short walk up. Can feel a little unsafe if you are coming back alone in the night. The staff are really pleasant and helpful . They go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. There is a friendly dog on site so if you love dogs it will be a bonus (he even enters your room). The hotel is open so if it is cold or rainy you have to walk outdoors to get to your rooms. The doors need better lining as they are wooden but cold comes through the gaps. The shower and toilet is separated but the doors don’t shut - they are swinging and can be uncomfortable if you are with friends . There is a lovely place to sit out and also a tea room where you can enjoy some traditional tea. Overall I think the staff was great but there could be some improvements made in the rooms as indicated above

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2018

The Arro Khampa is top notch...would give them 6 stars if possible. The hotel is charming, well appointed and the staff are well trained in a way that is increasingly rare. They listen and anticipate needs. The breakfast was great, the location was quiet and beautiful, the food delicious. Don't risk booking something else in Lijiang...this is the spot.

Room tip: Ask for a room that faces the mountains and fields...it's beautiful.
Date of stay: March 2018