See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I'd give this place six stars if I could! There are actually two locations for this hotel: one in the northern part of the old city nd one in the southern part. I stayed at the northern one(The manager's name is Ms. Wang/王). The English name of this place is actually Orchidland Boutique Inn. This is one of the best hotels I've ever been in. First of all, the service is unbelievable. Their were only three staff members but they felt like the equivalent of twenty. It's very easy to get lost in Gucheng (Lijiang Old City/ 古城) So the staff will actually pick you up (and bring umbrellas if it's raining )and take you back to the hotel. They provided us with everything we asked for. They quickly became our friends and introduced us to the beauty of Lijiang. Also, the hotel not only offers a delicious free breakfast, but free afternoon tea and amazing free late-night snacks(宵夜) as well. All the food is really yummy. The architecture is amazing as well. The hotel I stayed in had amazing architecture as well. It used to be a 客栈, which is a building that travelers used to stay in in ancient china. So from the outside the building looks very old and historical. However, the insides are very modern yet still look traditionally Chinese. My only small complaint is that at night the hotel is near many nightclubs/bars so it's very loud. Light sleepers might have some trouble but I did not. I was very sad to leave that hotel because in three short days, that place felt like home. The hotel staff have very effectively created a warm, cozy, and welcoming environment. I love this place!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Anita L
Reviewed 10 July 2016

The hotel is located inside the old town in a very quite location. The rooms are very nice and you have everything you need. The staff speaks English and will help as needed.
Our airplane could not land and returned to Kunming due to bad weather and the driver the hotel sent us had to go back. We arrived the next day and the hotel did not charge us for that specific night. The team also help us with the luggage to the exit of the old town - all with a smile and great sense of serviceability.

IMPORTANT: You better ask a pickup service from the airport as it would be probably very difficult for you to find the hotel as no cars allowed inside the old town.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2016

I promised our awesome host Mr. Wu that I would write a review so here goes...
1. Great location -- near the south gate, where transportation is easily arranged whether to and from the airport or for pick-up for the local tours. Also quieter as it's far from the bustle of the northern part of gucheng, but within walking distance still!
2. Tastefully decorated interior and exterior, my favourite place is definitely the tea area where you'll get to learn to appreciate the various teas and its culture, like keeping 'tea pets' and swapping stories with the hosts. They also brew a very nice snow pear tea daily.
3. Definitely the 5 star service, going above and beyond to make our stay most comfortable e.g. Escorting us personally to and from a performance "Lijiang qian gu qing", changing the heater in the middle of the night when it broke down, going out late at night to help search for part of the family in gucheng that got separated somehow when technology had failed us -- that little episode ended well fortunately and I know he did it more to allay the fears my father had for my mother and I who were actually lost in shopping rather than in the alleyways...etc
Just a tip on the rooms, they come in various styles: oriental and western, WC and shower separated, WC and shower combined so if you're squeamish about washing hands right after the deed like me, ask for the latter. They allowed us to change rooms halfway through the stay!
Highly recommended and I would definitely return here if I came back to Lijiang :))

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2016

My wife and I stayed in Lijiang last year (June 2015) and I promised the staff I would write up a review of the Orchid Land Boutique Inn but I could not find it referenced on Trip Advisor anywhere. But with a bit more searching at last I have found it. So here goes. Firstly we found the inn a little difficult to find, but with some friendly help we eventually found it. The inn is exactly what I wanted. An old style Chinese inn located in the ancient town of Lijiang. The atmosphere of the place is fantastic. Our room was clean and very comfortable with modern amenities. The inn is in a quiet location so we were not disturbed at all. The rate included breakfast but it is a Chinese breakfast and not entirely to my liking but by then I was not feeling too well which led to us cancelling the last night of our stay. BUt this is where the staff really excelled. They refunded our cancelled night without being asked, they arranged for our bags to be taken to the main street where they had also arranged for a driver to take us to the airport. I tried to give the young man who carried our bags a tip but he politely refused. The staff cannot be praised enough. Their English was good and they were so helpful, hence my excellent rating. Lijiang is a great place to visit so if you are keen for an authentic Chinese stay, you can't do much better than this place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 24 October 2015

The name of this hotel is: Lantaiyuan Jingpin Kezhan or in English: Orchid Land Boutique Resort. The rooms are all uniquely designed. We're traveling with 3 and they have several designed rooms to accommodate for 3. We stayed 2x in this boutique hotel and tried 2 different rooms. Mr. Tang and Mr. He are very courteous. Although with limited English - they tried their best to help us with direction, give us some suggestion things to do and some best restaurants. Breakfast is not too bad. We had 4x breakfast in total of our stay and had tried different things. One thing amazing, they serve variation of chili already for breakfast :)
There's a tea corner in the hotel gallery and you can request for free tea at anytime. Mr. Tang would show you his expertise in serving tea traditionally. He would let you to try different kind of tea. Feel very relaxing, exactly what you need after the long tiring trip. This hotel is perfectly located from restaurants, it's in the OLD TOWN (south gate) and behind 24-hrs ATM. WIFI access it great - in room or at the restaurant all great connection.
Xin Orchid Family Suite is big and have separate bathroom and toilet (very convenient if you are travelling with 3) but this room area is a line with restaurant and bars - so you can hear the crowd even after 12 midnight - if you are a light sleeper you might want to avoid this room.
The 2nd stay we stayed at Xin Orchid Family Suite which is located on top of the lobby/restaurant. Although the room is a bit smaller then previous one and no separate toilet/bathroom, this area is a bit quiet. We had better sleep experience :)

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, chose rooms on top of restaurant/lobby. The other area by the crowded street is too noisy at night.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends