It was my 2nd return to the Banyan Tree Lijiang and though it was for business conference this time, a suite instead of the fantastic villa; the service was top notch hospitable! Heartwarming welcome started from the reception, and the room was really big enough, with top notch international Spa ambience. The heater in the room and even on the bed was enough to make you sweat despite the cold in this winter. Nothing could have been a better finale this time than a 90min renowned Balinese massage and pampering.
F&B is not fantastic, so do not expect great Italian cuisine or authentic Southeast Asian Nasi Goreng. Chinese food serves at night is always a better bet, however, do not expect exquisite Chinese food in Yunan. If you wanna add to some adventure, go to the nearest Old Town, about 5min by cab, about 20min by foot (not advised at night due to lack of lights on the pavement) Walk deep into the Su He Old Town and you'll come across a stream of back to basic clubs, restaurants and outdoor Karaokes, enjoy leisure in its simplicity. Believe me, you'll get sick of the hotel food after 3 days. If you're dying for more experience, climb the famous Jade Dragon Snow Mountain at 4500m above sea level. We had a company adventure and it was totally awesome despite the heavy snow, the thin air and white visibility. Such grandness! Nobody can top the peak, it's sacred by the way.
Banyan Tree, thumbs up! Lijiang, very disappointed with the commercialization of the old towns now. I'll go straight to Shangri-La the next time, by that I mean the famous geographical location and not the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the historic charm, rich culture and sweeping landscapes of Lijiang, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Located in the highlands of Yunnan province, the resort is adjacent to the Na'xi minority old town of Shuhe and only a 10 minute drive from the ancient Silk Road town of Baisha. Situated close to the base of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, it is surrounded by high peaks and hidden valleys, making it a photographers dream. Many unique experiences are ready to be enjoyed as you explore the back streets of the ancient towns, traverse the mountainous landscape to Tiger Leaping Gorge, Wen Hai lake, or take a cycle trek through the foothills to remote Yi villages. For a more leisurely experience, indulge in one of the many luxurious treatments available at the world renowned Banyan Tree Spa. With clear blue skies for nine months of the year, enjoy a breath of fresh air and escape to the tranquility of Banyan Tree Lijiang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ctrip TA so you can book your Banyan Tree Lijiang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Lijiang Hotel Lijiang
- Banyan Tree Hotel Lijiang
- Lijiang Banyan Tree Hotel