All reviews park entrance jiuzhaigou national park after a long day stayed here for nights well located hotel restaurant staff buffet breakfast and dinner jiuzhai valley spoke english taxi chengdu zang doorman spicy
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The best about this hotel: its location. It is only 20min by foot from the park entrance. If you look for other reasons to stay there - you will have to look harder. In my opinion it is not worth carrying the Sheraton brand.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Was there during the earthquake in August 2017. The staff were excellent, they speedily evacuated all hotel customers, resumed the electricity, calmed down the customers, served the needs of all people (including some other people from nearby hotels) , distributed towels, blankets and etc throughout the night.

And the location is excellent- next to a square which was an ideal place of evacuation, and the premise is pretty close to the tourist spot, just about half an hour walking and no need to arrange transport.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bingbingbing
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I feel so grateful that the staff in the hotel took great care of all the guests after the earthquake hit Jiuzhaigou on August 8, 2017. They showed great professionalism and worked all night to maintain order and calm down the guests who were kept outside in a square next to the hotel. They even risked their own lives and went back to hotel to get the towels and quilts and distribute to the guests because it was very chilly at night. I think it really makes a big difference that you stay in a well-managed hotel when unexpected disaster like this happens. I will definitely choose Sheraton again in my future trips.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Zhengyuan Z
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Location is good for getting to the park without much traffic. Not a five-star hotel, maybe 2.5 star hotel. A/C never works, the room cannot go below 25C and is usually 27C. The wall is just fake thermostat with a fan setting. The fitness center closes early. Most hot food cold on buffet because the system for heating food is old. Only four pans are heated. Soft/fizzy drinks and beer from vendor in the lobby are outrageously overprice (almost 30 RMB per drink). The bedspread is the type that cannot be washed easily and makes one question if it can be cleaned regularly. Wi-Fi seemed to work most of the time pretty well in the room. The shower frequently leaked on the floor, likely to cause maintenance difficulties. The toilet has very low flow and likely causes maintenance problems. Despite maintenance difficulties, the room seemed pretty clean. Management needs to push for renovations to buffet area to ensure hot food stays hot and cold food stays cold before people or more people become ill. Air conditioning needs updated for all rooms, and bed spreads need updated to ones that can be more easily washed or make patrons know they can be easily washed. I was very impressed in my brief visits to the Howard Johnson and new Hilton in town. Lastly, staff should try to smile more and be more friendly. Food staff and cleaning staff were polite. Desk staff and salespersons in the lobby areas were not happy to help and seemed bothered when shopping or asking about services. New management recommended.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not get hot during heat of day if visiting in summer
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
SheratonJZG1, Manager at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear traveling_513buckeye,

Thank you for sharing this review which allows us to continually improve our service standards and facilities.

We apologize for the shortfalls in service that you experienced and would like to assure you that we will continue to conduct the necessary training to ensure that our guests receive the positive and memorable hotel experiences that we are committed to deliver. Your feedback regarding our air condition and other facilities have been noted and we will immediately look into addressing these issues.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to recover your impression of the hotel and look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,
Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I didn't want to expect too much, but the Sheraton name should count for something. Beds are pretty comfortable, but the bathroom was very cramped. Another issue was when I took a shower, the water did not go down the drain, and I was ankle deep in water, by the time I finished my shower.

I believe I was put in the older wing, because the pictures of the room look newer than the decor in mine.

All in all, pretty average hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
SheratonJZG1, Manager at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear engj,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback which gives us the opportunity to further improve our service standards and facilities.

Your feedback regarding our bathroom has been noted and we will immediately look into addressing this issue. We appreciate your time in sharing this review and hope you will give us another chance to recover your impression of the hotel.

Best Regards,