“Ms [...] is a reckless with zero people skills stay away or she will call Homewood on you”

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood
Ranked #53 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Well how do I start...after selling my home and having a hugh Estate sale I decided to get a room for a week to get some much needed rest,at first site the rooms/hotel seemed ok,after a few days of staying in my room i decided to wonder the lot,the pool was FILTHY and looked yellow and filmy omg i thought that surely its not OPEN but on my trip back from wally world i heard laughter and Yes it was guest in the nasty water.Iproceeded back to my room where i proceeded to to post my 'DO NOT DISTURB " AFTER SETTLING DOWN A BIT I PLACED A CALL and i heard my door open omg i got soooo scared i told the person that was on the phone what happened and immediately told them my address and room number.I proceeded to the door trembling but got the courage to say ...WHO IS IT?...no ANSWER....SURELY i must've been tripping so I OPENED THE DOOR and it was a woman standing there looking like a deer caught in headlights.She proceeded to tell me (stuttering) that she was checking to see if i had a pet in my room and checking to see how many flat screens she she order in for the other rooms omg!! while she is doing all this ranting i stopped her and asked so i guess this do not disturb sign mean nothing?She said mgt can come into a room unannounce I asked her to show me where that is written,she said she didnt have to lol....I got so frustrated that i pulled that heavy door all the way back and slammed it in her face lol I believe the hotel rocked off the foundation.I HEARD HER SAY "oUR GUEST DONT ACT LIKE THIS LOL then she went to her office to call me ,which is what she should,ve done in the first place.Ms [...] called Homewood police on me ,which i was packing anyway by that time,the officers were very nice and understood my anger.I told them that i felt mistreated and disrespected they told me SHE WANTED me to leave ,I said no problem i just want my refund they said ok to meet them downstairs in her office ,I did then Ms [...] informed me that they will have to mail me a check I said i didnt mail you my cash lol...I was ok financially but everyone is not how many other ppl has she doone this too that had no where else to go.I have now received my partial refund and decided to warn others !!!

Room Tip: Comfort Inn and Microtel are Great and friendly places to stay
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathy L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Kathy - We appreciate you providing feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that you felt mistreated by the staff at this property. Ms. Hill, along with everyone else, try very hard to accommodate all of our guests, which is why it was so disheartening to read your comments.

I have spoken to the staff about guest privacy and addressed how the situation might have been handled better. Normally we would not involve outside parties to help settle any differences between our staff and guests; however, the staff unfortunately found that there was no alternative in this case.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you might have experienced. We thank you for staying with us and for giving us some great examples of ways to improve our processes in the future.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood

Reviewed 25 June 2012

At check-in, the hotel smelled great. The Frontdesk person was great I think her ame was Nesha???? She took great care of me. She showed me my room first, showed me where everything was like a short tour. She was very detailed in explaining everything to me. And did everything she could to help. Also every morning she spoke with a smile made me feel just like I was at home, she listens very well and actually pays you some attention. I felt like I was appreciated!!! Housekeeping is also great. (And my room was very nice, for the rates!!!!) I would recommend this hotel to friends, and I will definitely be back because of it, thanks!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boss L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you so very much for your positive review of our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and whenever we read comments like yours it always gives us validation and great pleasure in achieving that goal. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I would recommend this property to all of my collegues.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank wd5429

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Musty mildew smell in halls!! Rooms were even worse!! Thick smokey smell in no smoking room!! no elevator...so marched right back down the stairs and checked back out!! Unhealthy air about the whole place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank txtknogk
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I've read reviews on other sites about how the halls smell people smoking crack. I have no idea what crack smells like in my mind it would be like the halls of this hotel. I noticed it was a craphole when i first entered the room. I figured I’m only staying one night so i can rough it. I put my stuff in the room and went to a movie (did not want to spend much awake time there). When i got back it was though the front desk double booked me because there was one of the biggest cockroaches ever seen living it up in my room. So i squashed it and decided to sleep with a little light because I’m a wuss when it comes to supersized disease carrying insects. Didn't matter though because i couldn’t sleep with the paper thin walls and what seemed like an interstate devoted entirely to monster trucks right outside the window. I did eventually doze off but was awaken by the lady at the front desk "sorting it out" on her cell phone to someone who must have hearing impaired. I don't know why it was necessary to do that right outside my door but i guess she wanted to make sure i didn't miss my morning meeting in 3 hours. It turned out to actually help because the alarm clock which i set to wake me up on-time never went off? I didn't see any fleas as mentioned on the other post but i've got bites all over my feet. I guess if your a homeless person then this is a great value but to me i would rather sleep in my car. If you want to save a few bucks and possibly catch crabs then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business