1,072 results
All reviews convention center atrium cafe freddy rivas spg member the club lounge attending an event downtown area the room was nice southern hospitality bjcc uptown ms freeway alabama
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Although attempts have been made to renovate and update, it still feels like an older hotel. Rooms are a bit dark feeling. Convenient for events at the BJCC but very slow when many people are staying in the hotel (not enough elevators, so you have to wait a while when the event lets out). Hotel is clean, but if you're looking for nicer, more updated place, check around the corner. Staff/Mgmt does not seem to know how to handle large events hosted in their hotel upon check out. Chaos is the only way to describe a mass check out.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ttmt2
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Hello ttmt2,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. I am happy to share with you that we are undergoing phase 1 of our renovation. We would love to invite you back so you can see some of the great changes taking place here at our hotel. We look forward to having you visit with us again.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

After checking into room had scalding hot water in both the hot and cold water taps. Asked for another room, hotel said wait 24 hours and it will be fixed (and let me shower in another room). After 24 hours still had the hot water problem - then moved me to another room. This happened to three in our group. At checkout the hotel computers were down, got no receipt. Called hotel over the next three days to get receipt, on the fourth day finally got a receipt emailed. Rooms were nice, service and attention extremely poor. Stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Don't stay here until the get better management.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank H G
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Hello H G,

On behalf on the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel I would like to apologize for the less than satisfactory service you received while visiting with us. This is not the type of service that we take pride in and that so many of our guest are so fond of and I apologize that you weren't shown that. I have shared your comments with our leadership team and will see that your concerns are addressed. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Thanks for extending warm hospitality. We booked a last minute stay through Priceline. Upon arrival, it was clear the hotel was going to be full. At check-in, we were asked if we would consider changing from two-beds to one king. No problem. Because we said yes, we received upgrade to club level, two free drink passes, free breakfast and free wi-fi. Even though the hotel was busy, we had a great experience. I will recommend to others and return if we find ourselves in Birmingham again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello Elizabeth G,

Thank you for being so kind and changing your room type.I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel.

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located to the convention center and a lot of choices of food within walking distance. The lobby is easy to check in. The hotel store is in a bit of an odd place. The meeting service was very good and the food was good. Overall a good place for meeting.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Hello dmsuncoast,

Thank you for your comments and for staying at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel. We look forward to seeing you during your next meeting.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Several things happened during my one-day stay that impacted my stay at this hotel. (1) In the morning for the breakfast buffer (the lobby Cafe) I waited for several minutes while attendants zipped by us. A line of at least 12 people started to form behind me. Still no attention. Finally, someone came by and made an explanation -- which was "we were swamped; be with you soon." The I was seated at a table with no silverware and had to wait several minutes, again, when I finally was waited on.
(2) There was some sort of big renovation on the top floor and I think it was causing some alarms. I understand that, but the voice alarm is really, really loud and long. One day it came on and repeated itself at least 10 times. There is no ignoring it due to being so loud and there's no doing anything else.
(3) The fitness room, given the size of this hotel (very large) is pitifully small and not well maintained. Several machines were not functional and the water station appeared to have been out of water for weeks.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Hello David C,

I would first like to extend a sincere apology for the service you received while at the Atrium Café. This is not the type of service that we pride ourselves on. I have shared your concerns with management and will see that they are addressed. I would also like to apologize for any noise disturbances that you experienced that hindered you from having a relaxing stay. We would love to invite you back so we may have the opportunity to change your perception of our hotel. Thank you for sharing.