All reviewsdouble treefive pointsuab medical centeruniversity of alabamaparking garagewithin walking distancebit datedwould stay here againnext morningbusiness tripfront desk staffbreakfast buffetthe room was nicestaff was very friendlyhospitalshuttlesurgery
Reviewed 20 September 2016

They tried to overcharge me, they froze out the participants in our meeting and the shower was filthy and they did not make it right. They did not even offer to make it right as their promise states. I did not ask for anything but they should have offered.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Matthew G, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2016

Joni G, Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay. DoubleTree definitely stands behind the promise to Make It Right if something needs to be corrected. We didn't have the opportunity with you at check out to do so but you and I have spoken on the phone and, from my understanding of our conversation, we have made it right. I'm sorry it was after the fact but I'm glad that we have done so. I have addressed the issues raised in our conversation with the relevant departments so that we can better serve future guests and you and your group when you return.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

First time to the beautiful state of Alabama, booked the Doubletree by the airport. Excellent shuttle service with a very helpful driver. Staff at the hotel were fantastic, front desk girl was very efficient and polite. Room service was amazingly fast and the meal was delicious. The hotel is a little worn; bathroom door wouldn’t open all the way without hitting the toilet, somewhat strange. Overall though a great stay at another fine Hilton.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

the breakfast was great and the personnel very friendly and accommodating. even though they did not have a valet service it was very easy to access my car at the parking lot at anytime. The location was also very convenient. If you sign up for rewards you will get free internet services (which can also be very convenient). The pool is small but the GYM is just right.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

My daughter and I stayed here the night before she moved into UAB. The staff were exceptional from the receptionist to the personnel I passed in the hallway. I feel like I will be staying there many more times to visit my daughter & as always the cookies were yummy.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Horrible small beds! Didn't sleep at all. Miserable visit There were four of us and all four couldn't sleep! Normally doubletree is one of our favorites but this one wasn't near the quality of any other we've visited. We were there moving our daughter to UAB and we plan on visiting Birmingham often but we definitely need to find a different property to stay with.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Miri L, on behalf of the staff at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Dear kimsV1067CG

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.