See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Stopped here based on the one review saying its was good for the value. What a mistake! While the front desk attendant was cordial, the rooms are completely unacceptable. The doorknob to the room was loose, curtains won't close all the way, peeling paint on the walls, lopsided mirror, worn out sheets, dingy looking pillows, bathroom tile & corners need serious scubbing & towels that feel like mild brillo.

Now I understand inexpensive but regardless, there should be SOME standards.

Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank mikity31
Reviewed 12 March 2008

I stayed at this hotel two times within a 2.5 weeks duration. I was on a road trip by myself, and the long hour drives in between destinations made me have to stop and spend the night somewhere. I had previously looked up (Villa Lodge) Homewood Lodge, and it was the cheapest /safest looking place I could find in Birmingham, AL.

Name Change: Used to be Villa Lodge

Price: Used to be $31, now the cheapest room is $45.60 (total) + $5 refundable deposit. (make sure you get this rate, the guy tried to charge me more the first night, but i told him that i had called in beforehand and 39.99 was the rate I had been told)

Noise level/Safety: It was a very quiet place to stay. There are three locks on the door (auto locks when you leave your room, so make sure you always have the key). Even though there were so many locks, (suspicious WHY they needed so many locks, I still felt safe being a single 20's female)

Cleanliness: Very clean, for a what, a 2 star hotel?

Management: I was greeted by the same guy at all visits to the office on both nights I stayed there. Very friendly. Foreign, but spoke English very well.

Tips: (1) Heaters: They work, but you have to put it on a number lower than 12. And it's not really hot enough to warm up the room when it's 40 degrees outside. There's a huge cold draft that comes in from under the door. Hopefully, you get the bed not near the door.
(2) Single Travelers: Ask for room #13, tell them you will only use one bed. It's a smoking room, but it did not smell like smoke. (i do not smoke).

Included: TV, bar soap, cups. *Make sure you bring toothpaste and shampoo, there is none provided.

Also: There is a Walgreens right next door if you ever need anything.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business