“Disappointing ”
Review of Cafe Dupont

Cafe Dupont
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Dupont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 997 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I visited Cafe DuPont with my girlfriend for a private event that was upstairs. They have a nice event space. The servers we had were very attentive and respectful. I had the pork tenderloin and it was phenomenal. Kudos to the chefs for a well thought out dish. But I dropped my car with valet at the beginning of the night. It was returned to me with damage to the car. I'm not sure what they hit but judging where the damage was, they had to have hit the side of the building or another car. Unfortunately I didn't discover the damage until the next morning and I was informed that nothing could be done.
My recommendation is to try this restaurant and enjoy the food, the service, and the atmosphere. But don't trust these people with your car.

2  Thank Jordon W

Reviewed 11 December 2017

A vendor took some us to here for lunch and wow, what a treat! We started with the Artisanal Cheese Plate which had some unique and wonderful flavors. For lunch I had the Buttermilk-Fried Chicken Breast. It might have been the best chicken I have ever had. I ate literally every morsel on my plate (it would not have been polite to lick my plate by I did consider it). Great restaurant, can't wait to get back and bring my wife. Wonderful service as well.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We have wanted to try Cafe DuPont and decided to come here for our 32nd anniversary! We had a wonderful dinner, with excellent service. It is a quiet, upscale, and romantic environment, yet comfortable and relaxing. It was perfect for a nice celebration dinner. Excellent wine selection. Excellent menu. The chef handled my unique food allergies without a problem. We had a fabulous evening.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful menu and breadth of choices. It was hard to choose. The persimmon salad was light and so fresh. More persimmon would have been much appreciated! The scallops were perfectly cooked with a beautiful crust... but paired with the tomatoes!!! Ahhh. The tea presentation was simple and beautiful too. We had a private event and the space was lovely. The service was spot on. Not easy interrupting a lot of conversations to keep things moving. The servers were tactful and gracious. The beautiful ceramic plates have to be mentioned. It beautifully complimented the food. If this is representative of the Birmingham food scene... I really need to come back!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

For a birthday celebration, we decided to try a different restaurant from the ones we usually frequent. Cafe DuPont is located in downtown Birmingham and has valet parking. We started with drinks and 2 appetizers, the fried green tomatoes and the fried oysters and okra. Both were delicious. We had the fried chicken entree which was moist, tender and flavorful. For dessert, we had wonderful profiteroles stuffed with chocolate mint chip ice cream and covered with chocolate syrup.
We will be coming back!